R3 is an enterprise blockchain software firm working with a broad ecosystem of more than 300 members and partners across multiple industries from both the private and public sectors to develop on Corda, our open-source blockchain platform, and Corda Enterprise, a commercial version for enterprise usage.
Our global team of over 250 professionals in 13 countries is supported by over 2,000 technology, financial, and legal experts drawn from our global member base.
Our Corda platform is already being used in industries from financial services to healthcare, shipping, insurance and more. It records, manages, executes institutions’ financial agreements in perfect synchrony with their peers, creating a world of frictionless commerce.
This is the best job in R3!
We are seeking eager developer relations team members to help us build the Corda developer community in the New York. You'll keep your technical skills sharp, have the opportunity to build your personal brand alongside R3's and get out of the office. Distributed applications are the next wave of technology and you can be on the front of this wave.
The primary responsibility of the Developer Relations team is to drive the wider developer community towards Corda – with the goal of making Corda the #1 blockchain for developers and ensuring those already developing on Corda have the best possible experience.
The developer relations team sits within our engineering team but spends the majority of its time in outbound efforts to work with the community. It’s a unique role working with the world’s leading blockchain engineers and a global community of developers. The team influences the direction of Corda development both inside and outside the company.
Candidates will be hands-on software engineers and will have a desire and capability to represent R3 as public facing brand ambassadors. This position is ideal for developers or recent Computer Science graduates who want to stay technically sharp but travel and interact with developers globally.
- Engagement - Direct engagement of the developer community through meetups, roadshows, boot camps, hackathons, lectures, training and other channels of education.
- Community Support - Facilitate a great experience with Corda for developers at scale with broad reach channels such as Slack, video conference, Stack Overflow and other forums.
- Community development - Foster a healthy community globally through user group support and a Corda Champions program
- Content - Create content to engage the developer audience through social media, videos, blog posts and documentation.
- Open-source - Developer relations are the champions of open source. The team is responsible for gathering requirements that are essential for Corda adoption. This includes encouraging and reviewing open-source contributions.
- Samples and demos - Help showcase Corda capabilities with samples and demos that the community at large can leverage.
- Right to work in the US - We are unable to sponsor a work visa for this role.
- Development skills - A Computer Science degree, or equivalent experience, with a track record of development in Java and related languages.
- Presenting skills. - The ability to present complex technical ideas to developers and often non-technical audiences.
- Curiosity - Experience of working with blockchain is not essential but a demonstrated curiosity about the technology and its impact are critical.
- Ability to travel - The developer relations team spends 20-30% of time on the road globally.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
At R3, we prioritise encouraging a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you don’t meet all of the above criteria, but you think you’d be a great addition to R3, send us your CV. We’re always interested in meeting collaborative people who are excited to work with us.
• Vibrant, centrally located offices (with snacks provided)
• Private Medical & Dental
• Retirement scheme & life insurance
• Enhanced parental leave & family friendly policies
• Competitive vacation allowance
• Working from home & flexible working (as needed and agreed)
• A competitive salary that reflects your experience and merit
• Discretionary Equity Based Incentive Plan
• Discretionary bonus (or commission based incentive plan)
• Employee Referral Program
Our values are our DNA. They define what we stand for and guide how we work together internally and with our customers, partners, and shareholders.
The success of our customers is paramount. We build strong relationships and strive to create the best possible experience for them.
We bring together all parts of the ecosystem and give our customers the tools and environment to work together to change their industries.
We have the agility of a small company, but the confidence and ambition of the industry-defining titan we aspire to become.
We demand excellence and take pride in our products and service