At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale , systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
In this Data Scientist this role, you will apply techniques from machine learning and modern statistics to data both from ASAPP products and our clients. You will develop and apply approaches to solve problems that are central to our clients.
What you'll do
- Build and use machine learning tools to augment decision-making.
- Identify ways to significantly improve business and process problems with machine learning.
- Work with the broader of researchers, engineers, product managers and customer-facing groups to develop outstanding solutions to those problems.
- Work with internal client teams (e.g. data science) to ensure clients receive value.
- Collaborate with the Research team to define problems and develop state of the art solutions, and the Product and Engineering teams to identify components that can be built into our products.
What you'll need
- At least 5+ years of data science experience
- Interest or experience in helping large companies adopt machine learning.
- Expertise in modern statistics/data science/machine learning.
- Expertise in a statistical programming language (we use Python and R internally) and data access tools (e.g. SQL).
We'd like to see
- Experience with one of deep learning, NLP, healthcare data, Bayesian modeling.
- Graduate degree with background in statistics and machine learning.
- Ability to maintain a fun, casual, professional and productive team atmosphere.
- Communication in a courteous, tactful, and concise manner.
- Enthusiasm and desire to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Perks of working at ASAPP
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at email@example.com to obtain assistance.