Data analysts (DA) are responsible for understanding and modeling data for business use. Business savvy and able to translate data into something to provide better business decisions, Data Analysts help to shape data products for our users. They contribute to product design to enhance data products and build tools.
Dataset Analysis and Design
- Lead discovery, source system analysis, and data profiling for data products
- Collaborate with engineering in understanding and designing requirements for dataset on-boarding
- Communicate with suppliers and internal teams to resolve ambiguities and ensure completeness of products
- Maintain the highest possible quality of data products while achieving efficient throughput
- Create processes and architect tools to aid in the data on-boarding process
Data Product Research
- Research and develop models to detect data quality issues or identify data patterns that can translate into business rules
- Engage with partners, clients, and industry leaders to understand how data is used in their firms and transfer that knowledge internally
- Research and design data standards with partners and industry leaders
- Engage with suppliers and the internal supplier management team to understand industry practices
- You have a keen understanding of financial data including how it is used in a wide variety of roles throughout the financial industry
- You have an appreciation for the nuances of data and knowledge of common errors
- You love working on high-performing teams, collaborating with team members, and improving our ability to deliver delightful experiences to our clients
- You are excited by the opportunity to solve challenging data related problems and find the technology behind it to be fascinating
- You are an expert at dealing with ambiguity
- You are extremely attentive to detail
- You are a self starter and can excel with minimal direction
- You are a superb communicator and can clearly communicate complex concepts to others
- 4+ years of experience in a research function, ideally working with financial data
- Specific experience in a research role working with structured and unstructured data, APIs, and web scraping.
- Experience modeling and validating financial data for a variety of uses within the financial industry
- Experience with Python
- History of outstanding organizational skills and ability to build scalable process
- Understanding of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions)
Crux is a data delivery and operations company that takes on the critical, yet commoditized tasks of ingesting data and getting it ready for analysis by financial institutions. We are experiencing rapid growth from financial firms turning to Crux to process and onboard the data they need.
Crux is transforming how the financial services industry works with data. For years, data discovery, operations, and delivery have been expensive, time consuming, and frustrating for financial firms. We are solving this challenge by creating a new technology solution: the go-to platform for data delivery. Crux is in high demand and we have a clear path to success.
Founded in 2017 by a seasoned team of data professionals, Crux has grown to a team of 70 employees in San Francisco and New York. It is backed by leading industry players, including Citi, Goldman Sachs, and Two Sigma.
At Crux, diversity is valued and treatment of employees and applicants are based on merit, talent and qualification. We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. We believe the key to success is bringing together unique perspectives and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. For qualified applicants with criminal histories, consideration will be consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.