At ASAPP, our mission is to solve complex and challenging problems by building transformative machine learning-powered products. We leverage artificial intelligence to address significant challenges that share three common characteristics: huge economic scale, systemic inefficiencies, and tremendous amounts of data. Our talented teams that drive our product innovation and development are located in New York City, San Francisco, Mountain View, and Buenos Aires.
The Customer Success Manager is responsible for both the retention and growth of one or more large enterprise clients within an industry vertical. The role is unlike traditional “account management” roles, where individuals managing clients are incentivized to upsell products and services that clients may not actually need. Conversations with key decision makers are less about how the company might benefit from a new product development that ASAPP will charge extra for, and more about how quickly the client can martial its own resources to keep pace with our product and the deployment’s impact potential.
ASAPP is a strategic partner to our clients, and believe we are the most capable player in the industry building an AI-Native platform for intelligent customer interactions. “AI” and the algorithms that fall under that umbrella require our clients’ data, users, and time. We often find ourselves searching out useful integrations and data sets, working with clients to define A/B tests, and navigating organizational complexity to identify interdepartmental collaborators for ASAPP.
Traditional account executives who are accustomed to managing dozens or more clients and diligently husbanding contracts toward renewal, with a lift-and-shift, formulaic product mentality and high-powered marketing machine bringing up the rear, need not apply. The CSM at the intersection of varied initiatives with monikers “digital transformation,” “360-degree view of the customer,” or “automation and intelligence everywhere”and our clients expect us to act in their best strategic interest, which sometimes means having tough conversations.
The CSM is responsible for the client’s deployment roadmap with ASAPP and for consistently performing against the client’s (and ASAPP’s) measurable business objectives. This position is also responsible for leading a cross-functional team, working hand-in-hand with Customer Success Insights, Deployment Management, and Solution Architecture and Product. The role reports to the Director of Customer Success Management.
What you'll do:
- Act as the “primary point of contact” and customer advocate
- Develop, manage and execute against strategic account plans that align the customer’s strategic goals with ASAPP’s product offering
- Collaborate with internal teams to deliver against the customer’s strategic goals
- Develop and manage C-Level and executive relationships within enterprise customers
- Communicate progress, opportunities and risks internally and externally, including analysis of product performance and opportunities for optimization
- Accountable for retention and revenue growth on accounts
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 8 years’ experience in enterprise client-facing roles, in either Consultative, Customer Success, Delivery, Sales, or Product roles
- Demonstrated experience in a fast-paced environment, meeting customer time constraints
- Project management skills, and the ability to perform as a team player and leader
- Demonstrated experience working independently with little to no daily supervision
- Ability to travel to clients regularly
- Excellent negotiation, communication and presentation skills
- Team player with ability to collaborate and influence with cross-functional teams.
- Consultative, strategic mindset with proven ability to “sell without being a seller”
- Proven track record in strategic relationship and/or engagement management
- Analytical, technical, operational and/or industry knowledge to provide value and relevance to key executives aligned with revenue and growth strategies
- Ability to synthesize and prioritize customer feedback, competitive and industry information in order to improve ASAPP’s product and service delivery
- Little to no ego
What we'd like to see:
- SaaS or tech start-up experience
- Working technical knowledge of contact center software/design/functionality
- AI/ML/NLP technology delivery experience
- Advanced quantitative analysis (e.g., financial modeling and manipulating data visualizations) skills
- Competitive compensation
- Free lunch daily
- Fully stocked kitchen and snack room
- Fitness and wellness perks
- Learning and development opportunities
ASAPP is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status. If you have a disability and need assistance with our employment application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to obtain assistance.