Who we are:
Reducing electronic waste, fighting planned obsolescence, and the circular economy are 3 good reasons to wake up in the morning. Founded in November 2014, Back Market is the very first marketplace specializing in refurbished electric and electronic devices. We connect certified professionals who work hard to ensure all electric and electronic devices get a second life with consumers looking for equipment that makes a difference.
Born in France, Back Market is now bringing its revolutionary marketplace to the US, and we’re building a world-class team to support this growth. We’re offering a fantastic career opportunity for someone to develop skills in very diverse fields. So, if you've got a way with analytics, customer service, team management, process building, an interest in environmentally-friendly initiatives, and a genuine desire to build a first-class global marketplace, we'd love to hear from you.
What you’ll do:
We’re looking for a full-time Customer Care Champion to join our Customer Care team and take our merchant relations to the next level as we scale across the U.S.
Based in our Williamsburg office in Brooklyn, you'll work closely with our Business Development and France-based Marketing and Tech teams, all passionate professionals who are dedicated to making sure our products and the Back Market brand reach the hearts and minds of every American.
As Customer Care Champion - Merchant Relations, you will:
- Provide prompt, accurate, and consistent assistance to our customers and merchants
- Track and escalate merchant-related issues while also analyzing our own processes for ways to improve the quality and experience for Back Market’s merchants
- Participate in the QA process at Back Market and engage with merchants on QA issues
- Own your cases from start to finish, including escalated customer and merchant disputes
- Assist in the creation of regular reports and create action plans based on your findings
- Exceed expectations and KPIs (response time, satisfaction rate, e-reputation) and work tirelessly to ensure our Customer Care operations are first-in-class
- Assist in the training and management of Back Market’s non-US support team
What we are looking for - essential:
- Extensive knowledge of customer care standard procedures
- An entrepreneurial mindset: you are open-minded, eager to learn, a team player, and have a strong bias towards action
- Fluency in English, and as a communicator (both verbal and written) you are efficient, tactful, and empathetic
- A professional, proactive, and “can do” attitude with exceptional attention to detail and ability to work under pressure
- Able to priorities several different projects and organize your time effectively
- Eager to work with and handle data
What we are looking for - preferred:
- 2+ year(s) experience in a support and/or people-facing role
- Passion for technology and electronics
- Familiarity with Zendesk
- Management experience
This is a full-time role that offers benefits and a flexible vacation policy. Note that some weekend/evening work may be required.
Back Market is an equal opportunity employer.