Who we are
Founded in November 2014 and recognized by Fast Company as one of the World’s most innovative companies in 2019, Back Market is the leading online marketplace dedicated to refurbished products.
Our mission is to make the consumption of refurbished products mainstream. In doing so we extend the lives of technology products and therefore help fight the exploding e-waste crisis (over 50M tons of e-waste were created in 2018 only). In less than 5 years, Back Market has saved the equivalent of 30 statues of Liberty of e-waste, generated over $0.5B in yearly sales and is growing 150% YoY. Having raised over $60M and with a profitable business model, we are well-positioned to continue on our hyper-growth trajectory!
What we’re looking for
Back Market is seeking a data-loving Analyst to join our Customer Experience team. In this role, you will use your data skills to measure customer happiness, receive and organize customer feedback and interpret those results into clear, actionable solutions. Your work will create the foundation for all customer experience at Back Market.
The right candidate is passionate about developing a data-driven approach to customer-centricity and can work seamlessly across multiple cross-functional teams.
This position is based out of our office in Brooklyn and reports to the Director of Customer Experience USA.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with our Quality, BI, Marketing, Product Development/Design & Business teams to ensure that our wealth of customer interaction data is centralized and recorded
- Propose long-term solutions and action plans to improve processes based on your data collecting
- Analyze contact volumes and trends to identify ‘Quick Wins’ and improvements
- Proactively implement processes to improve the workflows of our Customer Experience team with the other frontline teams including Marketing, Customer Care and Social Networks
- Monitor the effectiveness of current tools and processes
What you have
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience in a highly analytical role such as business intelligence/analytics
- You have an understanding and strong interest in all aspects of customer experience
- You have experience turning abstract problems into actionable solutions and enjoy implementing new data-driven processes
- You are intellectually curious and identify areas of analysis that have the potential to add business value
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and high-growth environment
- You have strong Excel modeling skills
- Experience with SQL preferred, but not required
- Experience in Looker, Tableau, or other business intelligence tools preferred, but not required
- Experience with, Zendesk or other customer experience tools preferred, but not required
Why you will love working at Back Market
- We are a mission-driven company. We are here to help solve the environmental crisis, one refurbished product at a time
- Back Makers (your future colleagues) are passionate, fun (sometimes!) and benevolent (always)
- Team lunches, happy hours, company outings (you’ll get to travel to Paris!)
- Amazing workspace in trendy Brooklyn
- 5-week vacation (and yes you will take them all!)
- Generous benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k,...)