VTS is changing the way that commercial real estate (CRE) is done—disrupting a $15 trillion industry by becoming the modern operating system for CRE. We invented the category of leasing and asset management, which allows landlords and brokers to take their entire leasing process online to maximize revenue and performance. Last year, we launched the fastest adopted new product in proptech, VTS Market. Rise Buildings by VTS is leading an entirely new category of software - tenant experience. We also recently launched VTS Data, already getting front-page references in the Wall Street Journal and quoted by Reuters, The Real Deal, Commercial Observer, and many more. Our success shows in our numbers—we hit “Unicorn“ status in 2019 and today we have over 12 billion square feet of commercial space managed on VTS on 80,000 buildings in 34 countries, and we’ve expanded to over 400 employees globally. It’s an exciting time to join the VTS team as we continue to grow rapidly and break records.
Our headquarters are in NYC, but we have major hubs in other cities including Chicago, IL, Toronto, CA, London, UK, San Francisco, CA, and Austin, TX.
Learn more at vts.com, risebuildings.com, or follow us on Instagram (@WeAreVTS), Twitter (@WeAreVTS), or LinkedIn.
How Does This Position Help VTS Succeed?
As a Technical Writer at VTS, you’ll be responsible for internal documentation for every VTS product and team, including how-to documentation, technical content, and organizational processes, as well as external how-to and best practice articles, videos, interactive content, and certifications for our users. You will manage the ideation, creation, maintenance and improvement of this documentation to unlock value and leverage for your fellow VTS teammates and our clients. This is an extremely important role at a critical time at VTS as we look to grow more than ever in 2021, and an incredible opportunity to deliver high-impact work that will ease friction and provide leverage for everyone - both VTS employees and our users alike.
While this role reports to the Manager of Community & Learning, this role is highly cross functional because, as you build out documentation for different teams at VTS, you’ll be managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating goals and results to different project stakeholders.
What Makes This Job Awesome?
- Write documentation for all VTS products, tools and processes to help both VTS employees and VTS customers operate with less friction and more clarity.
- This includes how-to product content to service our external users, as well as internal-only documentation and technical content for VTS tools and processes.
- You’ll work with product managers, designers, implementation managers, client advisors, QA analysts, engineers and others to determine what content would be the most high impact and why.
- Gain a unique and incredibly deep understanding of the VTS product and the VTS business.
- Gain experience building out best-in-class help content for external clients, as well as building out an internal company wiki and technical content for an entire SaaS organization.
What Makes You A Great Fit?
- Clear, concise and friendly writing style.
- Knack for turning the complex into organized, easy-to-read content.
- Fast learner - there is an incredible amount of high-impact work waiting for you in this role!
- An understanding of how to communicate priorities, mitigate impacts, and manage multiple technical projects with competing deadlines and stakeholders, and where requirements can change.
- You thrive in and contribute to a positive, collaborative and fun work environment but are self-motivated, resourceful and detail-oriented - you get stuff done.
- Prior technical writing experience is a plus, but not required.
- Experience with any of the following softwares a plus: Zendesk, Skilljar, Confluence, Trello.
- Experience working at a SaaS company.
What VTS Values & How We Show It:
- Strive for Excellence - We know your potential is unlimited. Take advantage of our executive coaches and our training and career development programs available to all employees!
- Be Customer Obsessed - We’re employee obsessed too! VTS offers competitive compensation, comprehensive health benefits (including dental and vision), pre-tax commuter benefits, and a 401(k) plan. Not to mention the fun stuff - monthly happy hours, wellness events, clubs, and team lunches!
- Be Curious - Benefit from a culture that promotes new learning. VTS offers an education stipend to all employees!
- Move as One - We work in an open floor plan to promote cross-functional collaboration.
- Take Ownership - Be an owner of the company you’re building with our equity packages.
- Appreciate the Difference - VTS embraces and celebrates diversity. We understand the importance of a strong work-life balance. We offer a flexible PTO policy, generous family leave program, and more!
VTS embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.