Founded in 2015, Even Financial is a B2B2C fintech company that is transforming the way financial institutions find and connect with consumers. By seamlessly connecting financial institutions (including American Express, Goldman Sachs, and SoFi) and channel partners (such as TransUnion, The Smart Wallet, and The Penny Hoarder) via its industry-leading API, Even turns any consumer touchpoint into an ROI-driven, programmatic acquisition source with full compliance and security across loans, savings, credit cards, and more. Even is backed by leading VCs and financial services firms including American Express Ventures, Citi Ventures, F-Prime Capital (Fidelity), Goldman Sachs, LendingClub, and MassMutual Ventures.
Even strives to foster an environment whereby all employees, across all functions and levels, are positioned for maximum personal and professional growth. We as a team have an ownership mentality, and everyone is all in to help Even achieve our vision and reach our enormous potential. Our values include being empowered (take initiative - don’t wait around for someone to tell you what to do), empirical (explore and iterate, relying on observation and experience), transparent (be helpful, straightforward and honest with customers and coworkers), and fearless (take bold risks and commit to a solutions-oriented approach).
Our interdisciplinary consumer team provides embeddable experiences across a wide variety of our partner's high trafficked websites to connect users with financial products that best match their needs. We have an extensive React JS framework in need of the high usability, quality, maintainability and performance. The team primarily focuses on front end work but is generally full stack minded and empowered to make the changes needed to maximize customer and user experiences.
- Part developer (40-60%) part coach and leader, you focus on being a force multiplier for your team as they work towards achieving the business objectives and running as efficiently as possible.
- You can constantly analyze how the team operates and make consistent improvements to improve efficiency and impact
- You analyze data, automatize, find patterns, and come up with suggestions and results.
- We don't expect you to always have the best technical approach to any problem but do expect you to promote an environment where the best answers surfaced and explored.
- You work with other people and help in leveraging the strengths of other group members to come up with clever solutions.
- You directly coach and develop your team through one on ones and other tactics creating a constant culture of learning and experimentation
- You demonstrate and spread the practice of company values; empowerment, transparency, empirical and fearlessness
- You work to analyze business objectives and support architectural decision making to best achieve them.
- You work with other teams and departments to ensure smooth and effective interactions towards realization of the company missions and strategy
- You work with APIs to deliver top notch user experiences
- You serve as hiring manager for leading the interview process for roles on your team
- You participate in the improvement of processes across the engineering organization
- You work across a diverse technology stack that includes front end web, back end JS services, analytics, 3rd party apis and developer tooling.
- You love to deep dive into problems organizationally and technically and solve them first through experimentation and validation and later with a robust approach
- Experience designing APIs and modeling schema in a DB.
- Ideally, you have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, any technical major, or related work experience.
- You have lead a team at least once before, your team of four engineers is working in an area with high growth and maturing processes and some experience in leadership is critical for success. The company is growing so fast that upon demonstrated success in this role there is opportunities for upward growth.
- You have strong experience fostering strong relationships with Product and QA establishing an effective process and culture.
- You’re passionate about growth, metrics, outstanding user experience, and you bring in an experimental mindset.
Full time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
· A comprehensive medical/dental/vision package provided through Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield. Life and disability insurance are also included.
· Enrollment in our 401K plans. Once you are enrolled in the plan, you can change your contributions rate or opt out at any time.
· Stock option program
· Eight company paid holidays for the 2019 calendar year. Paid time off (PTO) is uncapped, should it be in accordance with the Company’s policy, which will be outlined during New Hire Orientation.
· A subsidized gym membership with ClassPass