Citizen’s mission is to protect the world. We began by opening the NYC and San Francisco 911 system to local Citizen app users, creating access to real-time crime and safety information. By growing situational awareness and visibility, we are making communities safer than ever before.
Since our launch in New York, over 10% of New Yorkers have now used Citizen, and that growth is accelerating. We're now live in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Philadelphia, and Baltimore, with many more cities on the way. Citizen notifications have urged people to evacuate burning buildings, deterred school buses from nearby terrorist attacks and have even led to a rescue of a 1-year-old from a stolen car.
We’re looking for hardworking, mission-driven individuals to help take the Citizen app to the next level as we scale up new cities and expand globally.
Citizen is backed by Sequoia Capital, 8VC, and Founder’s Fund.
The balancing act for a Chief of Staff (CoS) at rapidly growing Citizen will be to fulfill the current needs of the CEO and the company while keeping an eye towards assisting in building a team that can own and manage key focus areas and initiatives over time. The CoS will fulfill areas of the company that have a direct impact on the business and product but do not always fit the core job descriptions of the rest of the team. The CoS will be data driven and detail oriented and succeed at facilitating the CEO’s vision, while enabling other members of the leadership team to work together and get decisions at the top made faster.
- Prioritize corporate strategic objectives
- Thought partner to the CEO on time management challenges, directing efforts of the executive assistant to align with constantly evolving priorities
- Work closely with leadership team fighting fires when necessary
- Monitor progress of key initiatives and ensure that company commitments and priorities are being executed
- Drive strategic planning, business analyses and high priority projects
- Frame decisions for the leadership team with compelling analytics, critical thinking, and strategic recommendations
- Advance key recruiting efforts (role descriptions, recruiting agency partnerships, candidate pipelines)
- Conduct industry research and build models to evaluate various business scenarios or strategies
- Own organizational KPIs and the agenda for strategic planning sessions
- Shift from high-level strategic thinking to stepping in and helping to drive implementation of high priority projects alongside functional teams
- Work closely with CEO to prepare communications at all levels including board members, investors, employees and partners
- Facilitate effective use of functional meetings such as weekly leadership team meetings, all hands meetings, and offsites
- Attend Board meetings, take notes, track action items and follow-ups
- Drive financing rounds to completion (investor deck, marketing materials, financial models, market sizing
- Assess inbound and outbound investment opportunities and diligence
Level Up the Leadership Team
- Act as a “trusted counsel” to Citizen executives, providing insights and analyses on the organization’s operations, key decisions and other business areas
- Partner with leaders to uplevel the quality of deliverables on critical cross-team initiatives and to the CEO
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills with excellent relationship building, communication skills and negotiation skills
- Self-starter attitude and track record of seamlessly executing quickly on complex projects with minimal guidance
- Detail oriented with an ability to think strategically and make recommendations
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills