We started with just one home and an idea: to bring homeowners and renters together with smart technology and caring local teams. Today, we’re the largest full-service vacation rental company in North America thanks to the people who give us their best every day. You’ll fit right in here if you’re curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
Why Sales at Vacasa
If Vacasa’s incredible growth didn’t make it obvious, we’re good at what we do. We’re people people. We think on our feet, and respond with tailored solutions. Our team has the street smarts, ambition, and talent to turn every potential market into a Vacasa community.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a Business Development Manager who possesses strong leadership skills with the ability to resolve issues with a sense of urgency, prioritize and follow through with tasks while multitasking various other obligations and deadlines. They must be accessible and informed, particularly an expert with industry trends, knowledgeable about the competition, innovative to problem solve setbacks, and always educating and learning to improve the overall dynamics of the team.
In the role of Business Development Manager, you will manage a team of 10 or more representatives. You will contribute to the development of Vacasa’s core values while in the field, along with but not limited to coaching, communicating, directing, and being an inspirational mentor for their team; allowing each member to meet their full potential through short and long-term goals, achieve exponential sales, and ensure a high level of success for driven growth.
What you'll do
- Lead and successfully manage a team of 10 to 15 representatives.
- Coordinate and monitor agents’ progress, meet with them on a weekly basis, collaborate, and maintain communication to develop and identify opportunities of growth and innovate ways to resolve obstacles.
- Effectively grow Vacasa’s vacation rental portfolio in your assigned market(s), specifically with targeted, high revenue-generating prospects with a thorough understanding of any local municipal regulations in your assigned region(s), and develop relationships with relevant local officials.
- Perform initial diligence, manage a large pipeline: Network to generate leads while following through on established leads and consistently logging and updating calls and leads into the CRM.
- Engage in patient, professional communication with prospective clients along with building confidence and trust with leads over the phone or in person.
- Attend required department meetings
- Stay up to speed on changes within the organization that may affect our value proposition.
Skills you’ll need
- Sales experience required, including selling and negotiating complex business deals. A proven sales history in a similar industry or successful experience in a commission-driven background is beneficial.
- Flexibility and comfort in working in an ever-changing environment. As the nature of this position involves catering to the schedules of the companies that we are working with, individual schedules, and uncertain last minute changes in travel plans or business needs.
- Experience using CRM software to manage opportunities and communication.
- Google Drive, cloud computing programs experience with strong computer skills and working knowledge of social media.
- Intermediate Excel and PowerPoint abilities required.
- Proven competence at working independently and as part of a team with formal experience in a fast paced transactional deal environment and/or project management/hospitality experience is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Which pertains to communicating to all stakeholders, working with cross-functional teams, and motivating people with varying personalities while supporting a collective and positive work environment.
- Determined and enthusiastic can do/will do attitude: You will act as the first point of contact for all aspects of your leads and team whose needs aren't always confined to normal business hours. A willingness to help when help is needed is essential.
- Self-motivated and self-sufficient, with the confidence to seek guidance and direction as needed.
- Effective prioritization skills with a focus on recognizing and meeting deadlines, handling multiple deals or transactions at once, while completing work accurately.
- Ability to generate leads and build trust with prospects over the phone, to exceed aggressive individuals, organizational goals, and close sales.
What you’ll get
- Health/dental/vision insurance—100% coverage option
- 401K retirement savings plan with up to a 6% company match
- Vacation time
- Paid sick leave and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Employee discounts
- All the equipment you’ll need to be successful
- Great colleagues and culture