We are looking for a manager to help build our Business Operations & Strategy (“BizOps”) function. The vision for BizOps is to provide the decision-support mechanism that helps with everything from optimizing day-to-day business operations, to carrying out high-priority initiatives, to tackling the most important strategic questions.
Reporting to the COO, you will partner closely with our Executive team and work across Product, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations teams to drive key initiatives forward.
The role has four components:
Managing and improving the company’s Operating System: We set company goals that help inform strategic business decisions but also monthly, weekly, and quarterly meetings, cross-functional groups, internal reports, and off-sites. The goal is not just that you help our COO administer and run these meetings and reports, but that you make them better, whether by rethinking the numbers we use to measure success, re-aligning incentives or attendees to create impact, or altering our approach to make an element of our operating system more global, inclusive, or user-centric.
GTM strategy development and execution: You will be collaborating on the development of our go-to-market strategies: leading strategic research of existing and potential user segments, analyzing the market and defining our positioning, overseeing brand and marketing campaigns to maximize user acquisition and adoption in support of new product releases, and more.
Analytics: BizOps provides the analytics support for the entire company, with a particularly deep focus in marketing and product analytics. You will develop our analytics roadmap (including processes, KPIs, technologies, etc.) in coordination with product, marketing, engineering, and finance. You will also run advanced analysis to derive granular, actionable insights about our users and their end-to-end journey to help product and marketing realign investments for maximum acquisition, engagement, and retention.
With Us You will:
- Partner with department leads to drive process and performance improvements and help scale effective business functions.
- Monitor execution to ensure we are achieving OKRs and hitting KPIs, working with leadership to re-align and drive improvements as needed.
- Present insights and make recommendations to inform critical business decisions.
- Deliver recurring cadence of high impact data-driven insights and metrics reporting to leadership team.
- Own the analytics function, empowering Product, Marketing, Operations and Finance.
What We Look For:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent (Master’s, MBA, or other advanced degree is a plus).3-5 years of experience in BizOps at a startup/high-growth tech company, management consulting, or corporate development/strategy.
- Bonus points for experience with multi-sided platforms/marketplaces and consumer internet/SaaS businesses.
- Can drive operational excellence and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done in a fast-moving, ever-changing startup environment.
- Advanced analytics expertise (predictive analytics, statistical modeling, user/customer journey analysis) using BI tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, Chartio), and SQL; Python experience or willingness to learn a big plus.
- Seasoned communicator, structuring presentations and narratives that help drive our operating system and internal and external communications
- Have well rounded mix of business and technical acumen.