We're democratizing audio by making it possible for anyone, anywhere, to get their voice heard. Anchor is:
• The biggest podcasting platform in the world. We now power more podcasts than any other platform.
• Powering more than 40% of all new podcasts created in the world
• Growing both podcasters and listeners to record numbers week over week
• Giving ANY podcaster the opportunity to monetize their content
• Loved and adored: see what our users say
We're an independent division within Spotify, with the power to move fast, plus the resources of the world's most forward-thinking audio company.
Come help us build the future of podcasting!
If you want to jumpstart the process of talking to us about this role, here’s a little challenge: write a program that outputs the largest unique set of characters that can be removed from this paragraph without letting its length drop below 50.
For example: [‘H’, ‘i’, ‘!’, ‘ ’]
Our Core Values
Move Fast: We learn by doing (that is, we’re not afraid to test our hypotheses on production), and we build things that don’t scale. We’re energized, not daunted, by the massive challenge of changing the world of podcasting. Goonies never say die!
Build the Future: We don’t worry about how podcasting (or even our own product) has worked in the past. We think outside the box, take huge risks, and live by the motto “Anything is possible.”
Creators First: We build tools that make creating audio easier, better or both. Every single feature in Anchor is something everyone can use. (And of course, the easiest way to know what helps podcasters is for us to regularly podcast ourselves.)
There’s No “i” in Anchor: There are no egos here. We ask for help when we need it; help others when they need it, and we’re all hyper-focused on the mission at hand.
What you'll do
- Build out the Node.js server that powers Anchor’s mobile and web apps, in a way that can simultaneously serve huge volumes of concurrent users
- Help to provision and manage every part of Anchor’s cloud infrastructure, from file storage to web and database servers
- Architect and implement the front- and back-ends of both public facing and internal websites
- Work closely with Anchor’s data and write efficient queries against it
- Design and build out our infrastructure for scalability, using techniques such as serverless components (e.g. AWS Lambda)
- See projects through from conception to launch
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests
Who you are
- You have a sense of humor
- You have experience building web apps (back- and front-end)
- You have experience writing highly optimized SQL
- You have a solid understanding of Unix-based operating systems
- You have experience working with Node.js
- You get excited about challenging computer science problems, and have a love for clean code
- You have a strong foundation in object oriented programming, data structures, and design patterns
- You have a familiarity with git
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You have a persistent/determined work ethic and a willingness to try anything and everything
- You are interested in podcasts, radio, or audio in general
- You have the ability to work well with cross-functional teams
If you'd like to recommend a friend for this position, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to audio.