Method is a product & service strategy consultancy founded in 1999. We believe that innovation should be meaningful, beautiful, and human, and we work with great clients to create a better future.
Design and technology are at the core of our business. We use these as tools to take on complex challenges and identify unique and meaningful opportunities for our clients. Our team - based in both From our offices in New York and London - works with a wide range of organizations, including startups, blue chip companies, nonprofits, government bodies, and more. We have partnered with clients in many industries, such as Healthcare, News & Media, Automotive, Aviation, Insurance, and Professional Services.
This role is open to individuals with visual and/or interaction design backgrounds. As an Associate Director of Design, you are responsible for the successful execution of strategic design projects, from framing opportunities with clients, designing and running research programs, through to workshops, concept development, and prototyping the future of our client’s products and services. You’ll guide your team and others in communicating complex concepts in visual, written and diagrammatic formats, realize products through design and collaboration with development, and lead designers in furthering craft and design communication.
- Design digital solutions with different disciplines in a highly collaborative environment
- Lead a multidisciplinary design team through complex projects
- Mentor others and play an active role in the development of the studio and its culture
- Create, interpret, translate, and extend existing brand, product, and service guidelines to develop new experiences
- Plan, conduct, and interpret primary and secondary market research to inform the user interaction and visual direction of a product. Research methods include user and business stakeholder interviews, usability evaluations, concept validation, and usability testing
- Collaborate on and influence the different stages of a digital product—this includes shaping project scope, contributing to internal and external strategy, and conducting research.
- Plan and host collaborative workshops and work sessions with internal and external teams
- Partner with technical team members to define and develop product experiences
- Demonstrated success in designing and launching digital products. Your portfolio should reflect an exceptional foundation of design principles and how they translate to digital mediums
- 7+ years experience in digital product design with at least 1 year of management experience
- Effective time management skills to balance project schedule with fast-paced deadlines
- Excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills, with the ability to successfully articulate design concepts and intent to your team and your client
- Masters/Graduate Degree in Visual or Interaction Design, Product Design, Human Factors, Engineering or equivalent professional experience
- Making-as-thinking approach—rapid iteration through sketching, prototyping, and testing should feel like second nature
- Ability to think strategically and translate brand, service and product requirements into design systems
- Ability to collaborate with Technologists as it pertains to developing digital products
We look for patient and friendly individuals who are smart, kind and brave. Curious people with a natural ability to think on their feet, learn fast, and develop points-of-view for a constantly changing world find Method an exciting place to work. Our team members have the ability to listen, see value in other opinions, and are able to collaborate respectfully and effectively. We look for proactive leaders who can take and give direction, lead by example, enjoy the making as much as they do the thinking, especially at senior and leadership levels.
If you are a curious person that believes better experiences shape a better world, we’d like to hear from you.