Freshly is a fast-growing, food-tech startup and the largest fresh-prepared-meal delivery service in the country. It’s our mission to make eating healthy easy (for all kinds of people with all kinds of different needs) by delivering fresh, nutritious, fully cooked meals directly to customers. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. This is your chance at being a part of history and future success.
- Lead a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for the general ledger and reporting systems while ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal management reporting requirements.
- Assist in managing monthly financial close in a timely and accurate manner, including preparation of reconciliations of all revenue and expense accounts, fixed assets, prepaids, accruals, journal entries, review of inventory, and variance analysis.
- Evaluate, develop, and implement accounting policies and controls, including documentation and technical memos .
- Work closely with Facility Accounting and Operations teams for weekly margin reporting and analysis, and ensure completeness and accuracy.
- Manage revenue recognition and master the order to cash/delivery process.
- Manage equipment leases and accounting for operating and capital leases.
- Partner with department leaders to understand key issues and business drivers and collaborate with FP&A team to maintain financial model and forecasts, and increase efficiency of periodic reporting.
- Assist with managing annual audit and tax filings with Big 4 Firms.
- Evaluate opportunities for scale and growth and consider ways to drive efficiency and automation.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in both public and private accounting: Big Four accounting firm experience preferred, CPA is a plus.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in Accounting/Finance.
- Knowledge of and experience with ERP systems and implementations, Dynamics/NAV is a plus.
- Accounting experience in a subscription, e-comm, manufacturing, or CPG environment .
- Ability to work cross functionally, and work autonomously in a hyper-growth company.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills.
- Strong Excel Skills.
Freshly is a weekly subscription service delivering healthy and fully prepared meals directly to a customer’s doorstep. The rotating weekly menu offers 30 different flavorful preparations and combinations that are chef-made with the highest quality, 100% all natural ingredients that meet industry leading standards. Each deliciously healthy meal is packed with key nutrients and cooked fresh to order with no artificial flavors, colors, sweeteners, refined sugars, artificial preservatives or hydrogenated oils.
In addition to providing free shipping, Freshly uses advanced eco-friendly packaging technology to ensure that meals maintain freshness in transit. Freshly makes embracing a healthier lifestyle deliciously simple, one box at a time. For more information, visit www.freshly.com.
Here’s some chatter about us:
WSJ - Nestle Buys Stake in Freshly, Putting Healthy Food On The Menu
Fortune - Nestle Leads $77M Funding Round In Meal-Delivery Startup Freshly
Techcrunch - Nestlé leads $77M Round For Healthy Meal Startup Freshly
WSJ - Freshly Hires It's New CMO From Spotify - Mayur Gupta
We pride ourselves on our fast-paced and fun environment and above all value transparency, communication, and collaboration. We are always learning, growing, and taking risks – if this sounds like an environment where you would thrive, we’d love to hear from you!