With offices in London, New York, Manchester, Istanbul, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Shanghai, Singapore and Hong Kong, OakNorth is the next-generation credit platform that’s redefining lending to small and medium-sized businesses globally.
OakNorth was set up in 2015 by Rishi Khosla and Joel Perlman, who previously co-founded Copal Amba and grew it to 3,000 employees over 12 years, before selling it to Moody’s (NYSE: MCO) in 2014, returning 125 times capital to seed investors.
Since its inception, OakNorth has secured over $1bn from several investors, including: Clermont Group, Coltrane, EDBI of Singapore, GIC, Indiabulls, NIBC, Toscafund, and SoftBank’s Vision Fund.
In the UK, the platform has helped us build a profitable loan book (via OakNorth Bank) of over £4bn and secure over £600m of repayments. In terms of the impact this has had on the economy, OakNorth Bank’s loans have directly helped with the creation of 10,000 new homes and 13,000 new jobs in the UK, as well as adding several billion pounds to the economy. Globally, the platform has been deployed at various banks across North America, Europe, and Asia.
Today, the global team is made up of almost 730 people.
We are seeking an extremely driven and detail-oriented analyst to play an active role in driving our continued growth in the US. In this role, you will work closely with senior executives, helping to implement partnerships and delivering a best-in-class experience for our clients - financial institutions. The role will involve regular collaboration with various stakeholders to support the continued growth and implementation of OakNorth AI’s platform.
- Perform project management activities on assigned tasks to ensure projects stay on track and to guide product and operations teams during the implementation process
- Plan and execute on key client deliverables in a timely manner with excellence
- Support Directors of US Growth & Operations in meetings with clients including designing client outreach materials, organizing logistics and keeping track of follow ups
- Prepare client research, including basic financial models, profiles on clients, and client-specific entry strategies
- “Connect the dots” and demonstrate critical thinking. With minimal guidance, be able to propose creative and insightful solutions for client outreach
- Develop expertise in both our business processes and technology solutions. You should evolve into an expert of mid-sized lending segment of the market and keep up with trends shaping this space
- Manage vendor relationships and general office administration
- Manage conference schedules and outreach, ensuring maximum productivity at high-value events
- Pick up tasks as they come in; think on your feet
- Promote and embody a collegial team culture
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically in Microsoft Excel
- Proactive in taking on a high degree of responsibility
- The ability to perform well with little guidance
- Strong communication and attention to detail
- A high energy and positive attitude
- The ability to see the big picture and how pieces fit together
- Strong desire to stay up to date on financial markets
- A team-player mentality
- Strong creative problem-solving skills (thinking both inside and outside of the box)
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- A steadying presence in meetings
Thank you very much for your interest in OakNorth. We are happy to consider you for roles within our group of companies. If we can identify a match between your skill set and our immediate recruiting needs, please expect to hear from us very soon. If we are unable to identify a fit in the near term, please note that we intend to retain the data you send to us so we may contact you in the future.