Matillion is data transformation for cloud data warehouses. We are a company with all 5-star customer product reviews on AWS Marketplace and all 5-star employee reviews on Glassdoor. Matillion is dual-headquartered in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado and we are expanding the teams across all functions globally.
As a company we are confident without arrogance, customer obsessed and care about our people and communities. With rapid growth for the rest of 2019 and all of 2020, we are looking for people to join Matillion who share our integrity, drive, and passion.
Within our New York office, we are looking for a Account Executive to join #TeamGreen.
Matillion is built around small development teams with responsibility for specific themes and initiatives. An Account Executive will be responsible for acquiring new customer logos and ARR. Driving revenue growth through direct sales and partnership development within geographic territory.
- Responsible for a personal quota of free trials per month to drive logo acquisition.
- Manage all inbound leads from the territory, and actively prospect for new customers.
- Deliver demos and discovery calls with customers- Overcome objections, contractual hurdles, and maximise the opportunity with customers.
- Own the territory – identifying strategic accounts, working with SDR team to call into greenfield accounts, driving new logos through partner relationships.
Partner Relationship Development
- Foster strong relationships with our vendor and technology partners.
- Enable seller-to-seller relationships to drive new business.
- Educate partners on value of Matillion to their business
Teaming For Success
- Build strong working relationships with all teams within Matillion; product, marketing, solutions architecture, SDRs.
- Educate & coach internal sales roles.
Essential - Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Experience managing sales cycle at a technology company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- Proficiency in sales systems, including Salesforce.
Desirable - Functional or Technical Knowledge and Skills Required
- Background in selling enterprise data management software.
- Preferable to have a Bachelor’s degree in business/economics.
Personal Capabilities Required, e.g. skills, attitude, strengths
- Passion for technology and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and with multiple departments.
- Strong public speaking/presentation skills.
Find out more about Matillion
Our purpose-built data transformation products for Amazon Redshift, Google BigQuery, and Snowflake are trusted by over 500+ businesses all over the world, including GE, Siemens, Converse and Citrix, making us an industry leader. Businesses are generating more data than ever before, across a variety of source systems. They need new and more efficient ways of consolidating and transforming your data sources in order to make better, more informed decisions and in turn, gain competitive advantage. Matillion helps businesses of all sizes handle the variety, volume, and velocity of their data, by transforming data across various sources into cloud data warehouses.
When we hire at Matillion, we hire people not roles. We are interested in growing our team whilst protecting our culture, with dedicated and passionate individuals who share our values. The Matillion values are the same across all roles, functions, and geographies.
1. We are Confident without Arrogance: We take pride in what we do but we stay humble.
2. We work with Integrity: We have a strong moral compass; we are transparent, and we hold ourselves accountable.
3. We are Customer Obsessed: We will always go above and beyond, to listen to, acknowledge and value our customers.
4. We Innovate and Demand Quality: We believe no product, process or individual is finished.
5. We have a Bias for Action: We get things done...in a considered way
6. We Care about our People and our Communities: We treat people how we would like to be treated
We are keen to hear from prospective employees, so please apply and a member of our People Operations team will be in touch!