Additional Work Location(s) :
About the Role
As a member of our team, you will have an opportunity to provide engineering support to the Connected Car division. Your team will expose you to all concepts of engineering with testing, simple design, and design reviews.
What You Will Do
- Provides technical support to internal and/or external staff in the industrialization of functional items in a multi-national environment.
- Assist with the hardware production BOM's. Updates & Releases BOM's using Harman's configuration management & PLM systems.
- Participates in product design reviews.
- Supports the development program documentation, PPAP's, and FMEA's.
- Assisting in the realization of customer requirements and specifications (RFC, RFI, RFQ), product test plans, and production QA processes as needed to ensure the development and manufacture of quality products.
- Technical support for the industrialization of functional items in an international environment.
- Assist in the product conformance testing for environmental, electrical, and electro-magnetic performance to automotive and customer requirements.
- Work with cross functional product development teams.
- Participates in automotive & technology forums such as SAE, IEEE, and/or ITS.
- Keep abreast of technology trends and provides advice on the adoption of technology for new products.
What You Need
- Must be currently enrolled in a Bachelor's Degree program at an accredited institution having completed your Freshman year or later, taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program and returning to school for at least one semester upon completion of the internship program
- Must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Must have taken courses in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills and be able to confidently interact and present information to senior leaders and executives
- Must work collaboratively with strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
What Makes You Eligible
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work in the Novi/Farmington Hills office
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 18, 2020 through August 7, 2020 and be able to work 40 hours per week
- Highly prefer candidates who live within a commutable distance
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Real-world work assignments and the opportunity to make an impact on our business
- Opportunity to collaborate with talented teams across the organization
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development