The Project Manager will be responsible for working cross functionally to manage a portfolio of business process re-engineering and simplification projects varying in scope and complexity in preparation for an ERP implementation. Ensures risks are identified and managed appropriately and achievement of business objectives within budget, time and agreed upon quality. Assumes overall responsibility for the planning, execution, quality and delivery of project engagements. Ensures that projects are executed in compliance with agreed upon methodologies and processes.
Contributes to the definition, implementation, and maintenance of project management processes, providing leadership in the development and maintenance of a high-quality project management capability within the team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages multiple projects of varying scope and complexity, concurrently.
- Defines, documents and successfully completes assigned projects, ensuring that realistic project, quality and risk plans are prepared and maintained and that project change control procedures are in place.
- Builds and executes effective communication plans to ensure stakeholders are aware, involved and engaged as appropriate.
- Facilitates management of expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Manages capital and expense budgets for assigned projects. Participates in development of capital and expense budgets, tracking of actual expenditures, and revision of plan to react to changes in business priorities and conditions.
- Allocates and monitors project tasks, motivating staff and appraising individual performance on the project.
- Ensures thorough project closure and that lessons learned are captured and appropriate action taken.
- Effectively manages teams of varying sizes comprised of both internal and external resources.
- Tracks and reports project management metrics for assigned projects.
- Recommends and executes action plans as necessary to improve overall project management execution over time.
- Provides leadership, training, coaching, and guidance as necessary.
- Assists with evaluating the feasibility and cost benefit of proposed solutions.
- Ensures solutions meet business needs and requirements.
- Effectively manages project risk including the identification, assessment and management of project risks, which could result in time or cost over-runs, or failure to deliver project objectives.
- Balances competing resources and priorities.
- Stays up-to-date on the latest project management processes and methodologies to constantly improve our capabilities.
- Performs other related duties as needed and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, technology or other related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 10 years of direct project management experience.
- Experience managing ERP related projects.
- 1 or 2 full life cycle JDE implementations.
- Expert in project management principles, methods, techniques and tools for the effective management of projects from initiation through closure.
- Broadly skilled in information management, business verticals and/or specific technologies. Has a comprehensive knowledge of relevant project lifecycle and development methodologies.
- High level of professional excellence characterized by sound judgment skills, drive for results and sense of urgency.
- Excellent planning and time management skills with the demonstrated ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to ensure consistent achievement of deadlines in a fast-pace environment with a focus on exceeding expectations
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills with the demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team and build relationships with cross-functional teams to gain their cooperation and respect.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills – effectively communicates at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent documentation skills.
- A track record of success leading and supporting successful projects and following through on commitments.
- Proficient computer skills required including Microsoft Office Suite.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company:
Brasscraft Manufacturing Company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality water and gas flow control products, plumbing service and repair parts, and drain cleaning and plumbing hand tools for the new construction and repair/remodel markets. Headquartered in Novi, Michigan, Brasscraft supports a wide array of channel partners including wholesalers, retailers and specialty dealers, who serve residential and commercial markets across the Americas. Brasscraft has set the plumbing standard for 70 years, with industry leading brands including BrassCraft®, Plumbshop®, and Cobra®.
Full or Part Time
Brasscraft (the “Company“) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company's policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Brasscraft is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: [ Link Removed ]
E-verify Right to Work Poster: [ Link Removed ] , [ Link Removed ]
No visa sponsorship is available for this position, unless specified within the job description.