About the Role
You will focus on maintaining and growing awarded business revenue, penetration, and profitability along with developing and implementing a strategic account management plan and forecast to achieve corporate objectives for products and services. You will direct cross-functional teams to meet customer expectations thus maintain and improve strategic customer relationships to enable new business pursuits.
You will have a team of 1-3 direct reports and lead indirectly team across the globe.
What You Will Do
- Develop and implement strategic account management action plans to accommodate corporate goals and sales targets.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer needs, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Direct product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from the sales line.
- Drive cross-functional teams to achieve customer scorecard performance: Business Plan, Quality, Launch. Supply Chain and Culture Priority Surveys
- Responsible for forecasting and meeting the 5-year business plan.
- Meets with key clients, assisting the sales team with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures of division to conform to budgetary requirements.
- Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition, and regularly monitor sales performance according to business plans.
- Reviews analyses of activities, costs, operations, governmental regulations, and forecast data to determine constraints and evaluate progress on mutually agreed goals and objectives.
What You Need
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field.
- Minimum 10+ years experience in sales and account management with a proven track record of growing and sustaining sales revenue and profitability in the automotive industry
- Proven experience in creating and executing sales and account management strategies.
- Prior experience in the sale and/or delivery of Infotainment, Cockpit, Telematics, and Connected Services
- Ability in working with external and internal customers in all regions
- Technical background in the electronics field
- Excellent communication skills.
What is Nice to Have
- Existing relationship and experience with GM
- Engineering degree and experience preferred; Master's degree preferred.
- Project management experience preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced/high-pressure environment, while maintaining good customer relations at all times.
- Ability to assimilate information quickly, efficiently, and accurately from varying sources.
- Ability to take initiative, while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Tenacious but professional approach.
- Flexible with a high degree of determination and perseverance
What Makes You Eligible
- Be willing to travel up to 20%, domestic and international travel
- Be willing to work in an office in Novi, MI
- Successfully complete a background investigation and drug screen as a condition of employment
What We Offer
- Access to employee discounts on world-class HARMAN products (JBL, HARMAN Kardon, etc.)
- Extensive training opportunities through our own HARMAN University
- Competitive wellness benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Access to HARMAN Campus Fitness Center and Cafeteria
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that fosters and encourages professional and personal development