Account Specialist I (Patient Accounting) - Norwood, Ohio (Norwood, OH, US, 45212)
Attention current TriHealth employees:
Please apply for this position by submitting an online internal application via SuccessFactors. Please be certain to update your SuccessFactors Employee Profile prior to applying to this position.
TriHealth is actively recruiting for an Account Specialist I for our Patient Accounting team in Norwood, Ohio.
In this position, your primary responsibility is to expedite positive cash flow, maximize reimbursement, and reduce/eliminate financial loss to department customers by efficient billing, follow-up, and collections of patient accounts.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Submit charge information into appropriate system
- Follow-up on patient account balances including insurance/patient financial balances
- Process the specified number of accounts on a daily basis based on customer specialty and unique billing requirements
- Contact payers regarding payment
- Resolve incorrect payment issues and ensure balances after insurance payments are correct, including entry of corrections into systems
- Reconcile monthly reports
- Demonstrate quality customer service to internal/external customers
This team member will work directly in Hospital Billing Denial's Department and will be responsible for understanding both government & non-government contractual billing and follow-up guidelines, based on individual payers. You will also be responsible for contacting government, non-government & self-payers regarding lack of payment or improper payment. You will also resolve all incorrect payment issues and ensure that balances after payments are correct based on contracts with individual payers.
To be qualified for this position, you must meet these minimum requirements:
- High School Degree
- 3-4 years of experience in accounting or related field
- SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE:
- Specialized knowledge in Medicaid/Medicare billing
Job Title: Account Specialist I (Patient Accounting) - Norwood, Ohio
Department Name: TRIS PATIENT ACCOUNTING
Employment Status: Full Time Position
Shift: Day Shift
Weekend Commitment: No
Holiday Commitment: No
On-Call Commitment: No