Home Market Foods (HMF) is a dynamic enterprise that has become the market leader in a number of prepared meat-based meal and snack categories. The company has grown substantially across its markets through excellence in innovation, manufacturing, and customer service. This success has been nurtured by its ownership group and an expanding team of world-class executives. HMF is building on this track record through complementary acquisitions and a growing number of business development initiatives. HMF's business model is poised to continue to thrive and offer greater opportunities for its customers and team.
We are based in Norwood, Massachusetts, which is comfortably within the Boston metropolitan area. HMF's facilities include a state-of-the-art plant, and R&D facility, as well as warehouse and Corporate functions. We are focused on continued growth and are executing against various initiatives that include additional product lines, new sales channels, greater penetration of our extensive customer relationships, as well as opportunistic acquisitions. Our success is directly dependent on attracting and retaining the best possible talent across our functions. To this end, we are posting for a strong Master Data Analyst.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
The Master Data Analyst is responsible for creating and maintaining master data in key systems. This role will partner with various other departments (supply chain, marketing, R&D, regulatory, finance, sales operations, customer service, IT etc.) to ensure data accuracy and integrity.
- Work cross-functionally to process all new and modify existing master data within key systems including Microsoft NAV ERP. This data includes but is not limited to items, bill of materials, formulas, item cross references, and customer cross references.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis related to master data and collaborate with other departments to identify data errors and ensure data integrity.
- Perform regular data cleansing to ensure accuracy.
- Establish policies and controls to ensure the data is accurate and complete.
- Develop communication and training plans needed to implement policies and controls.
- Work closely with other functions (supply chain, marketing, R&D, regulatory, finance, sales operations, customer service, IT etc.) as needed to ensure adherence of master data policies and consistency across various systems.
- May perform other duties as determined by business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in information science, data management, computer science or related field preferred.
- 2-4 years Master Data, or analyst experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Team player with strong collaborative communication skills who is able to work well across departments
- Experience using Microsoft NAV or Business Central a strong plus
- Self-starter who is flexible and a quick learner with strong attention to details
- Strong business acumen combined with strong communication, consultative, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and project management skills.
- Experience using Jet Reports a plus
- Proficient with MS Office Suite: (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- English language skills: Able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.