Market Manager - Warehouse Management (Norwood, MA)
PODS Enterprises LLC, a leader in the transportation and logistics industry, is currently seeking a Market Manager to oversee daily operations of two or more storage centers within a designated territory.
The Market Manager will be responsible directing day-to-day supervision of multiple storage centers and associates, meeting customers' expectations, managing the daily routing and assignment of jobs to drivers, and maintaining all OSHA, DOT and preventative maintenance programs for the storage centers and driver equipment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage customer experience to meet or exceed PODS' customer satisfaction goals. This will include following up and resolving any identified issues, direct customer contact, refining operational processes and implementing remedial training in an effort to delight our customers.
- Ensure all territory associates are meeting PODS expectations for brand standards and customer interactions.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining all corporate owned assets within territory (trucks, forklifts, floor sweepers, containers etc.).
- Responsible for maintaining safe, clean, organized, functional storage centers and staging areas within territory.
- Determine daily manpower needs based on routing of full productive days and assign work shifts based on the business needs.
- Coordinate repairs as assigned by Territory Manager. If damage occurs at a customer site, ensure all paperwork and payment packets are returned from the field, coordinate access to customer containers stored in the storage center.
- Ensure accurate and timely completion of daily driver checklist, forklift inspection logs, and driver log books.
- Ensure equipment repairs are performed safely and promptly to achieve PODS Out of Service targeted levels.
- Perform driver functions when the business dictates.
- Manage the day-to-day operation with a focus on improved efficiency.
- Manage all petty cash per the PODS Petty Cash policy.
- Ensure refueling equipment is performed in a compliant, cost effective manner.
- Perform monthly parts inventory reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with and associate understanding of all DOT requirements including Hours of Service regulations and licensing.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA regulations and state and local facility compliance ordinances.
- Ensure adherence to local zoning codes and permit requirements pertaining to delivery and container placement. Manage relationship with local municipalities.
- Ensure all deliveries meet local regulatory requirements and obtain permits or authorization as required.
- Perform quarterly self-audits, identify areas of improvement and address deficiencies to achieve an overall rating of compliant or better.
- Responsible for adherence to internal company policies (i.e. Incident Reports, Drug Screening Policy, HR policies related to safety and compliance).
- Recruit, interview, hire, train and retain top talent.
- Create a culture aligned with PODS' core values (Integrity, Delighting Customers, Engagement, Accountability, Support ThroughTeamwork).
- Effectively administer PODS' performance management process.
- Identify and develop internal talent to support future career growth opportunities.
- Provide effective and regular communication to team members including goals, business results, opportunities for improvement and key focus areas.
- Responsible for reporting employee issues to Territory Manager and Regional HR representative in a timely manner; Maintain ongoing communication with HR for all personnel management assistance, accident reports, disciplinary documentation, employee evaluations and personnel reporting.
- Ensure daily pre-shift meetings are conducted at each storage center.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years in a people management role preferred.
- Prior experience in a leadership role in the logistics and/or transportation industries preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of driving operational efficiencies.
- Passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- CDL Class B license preferred.
- Must maintain a current/valid driver license from the state in which position is assigned.
- Must be able to obtain PODS forklift certification.
- Possess a valid DOT medical card.
- Mechanical ability essential to identify problems with equipment.
Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer
PODS Enterprises, LLC is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We will not discriminate unlawfully against qualified applicants or employees with respect to any term or condition of employment based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, place of birth, military service status, or other basis protected by law.