Atrius Health is a nonprofit healthcare leader delivering a system of connected care that enables us to know our patients better so that we can serve them well. Across 32 clinical locations, more than 50 specialties and 825 physicians, we provide proactive, customized care to more than 720,000 adult and pediatric patients across eastern Massachusetts.
The Atrius Health practices including Dedham Medical Associates, Granite Medical Group, Harvard Vanguard Medical Associates and PMG Physician Associates – together with VNA Care – work in collaboration with hospital partners, community specialists and skilled nursing facilities, to develop innovative and effective ways of delivering care in the most appropriate setting, making it easier for patients to be healthy.
We believe that by establishing a solid foundation of knowledge, understanding and trust with each of our patients, we enrich their health and enhance their lives.
Summary of Position
Under general supervision, provides highly complex functional and technical systems analyst support for Epic Suite Applications. Serves as a liaison between IT and its business partners, to coordinate and help affect system installations, modifications, and on-going enhancements to routine and non-routine system operations. Performs maintenance, development and customization of the system(s). Processes information and maintains codes, tables and reports. Prepares and creates written documentation for all changes to systems. Serves as occasional system support to users. Performs systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment. Understands and assists with creating and building workflows for within area of focus as well as any overlapping processes. Works with little supervision performing assignments that are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity, with appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decisionmaking.
Able to handle complex issues and assignments. Serves as an internal resource and consultant
on issues that require the evaluation and consideration of multiple courses of action. Typically reports to Supervisor, Manager, or Director. Position will focus on either:
· Clinical applications: EpicCare, Cadence, MyChart, Haiku/Canto, as well as any future clinical
applications installed at Atrius Health.
· Practice Management Application (PMA): Resolute, Prelude, Claims and Remits, as well as any future revenue cycle applications installed at Atrius Health.
· Performs Systems Analyst duties within broadly defined specifications of moderate to high
complexity. Works with more complex sets of issues requiring an advanced skill base within
· Has appreciable latitude for un-reviewed action or decision-making. Consults with supervisor on specific matters only where clarification, interpretation, or exception to organization's policy may be required
· Prepares detailed technical design and programming specifications, diagrams and charts from which programs can be written or assists higher level analysts in writing specifications.
· Creates, modifies and runs global import functions. Updates and modifies information on individual and multiple records.
· Generates routine reports and designs special reports as requested. Identifies customer needs,
evaluates existing reports and recommends or develops additional ad-hoc reports
· Review and test each new release and resolve any outstanding issues with Epic before users are
permitted to access the new release.
· Analyzes, plans, coordinate, and participate in the execution of the rollout of the software across appropriate venues (service areas, ancillary systems, etc.).
· Establishes, documents, and adheres to change-control procedures for the system (ESBI, CAB).
· Populates, tests, monitors, and maintains databases.
· Troubleshoots problems and questions generated by users via Help Desk tickets or Customer Service
· Prioritizes and implements changes requested for the system.
· Coordinates implementation and communication about software updates, changes, and upgrades with
· Analyzes new functionality in new releases to determine whether or how it should be used.
· Reviews and tests each new release and resolves any outstanding issues with Epic before users are permitted to access the new release.
· Supports end users during go live.
· Adheres to standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications.
· Investigates, documents, and translates the preferred choices of users. Recommend potential system enhancements needs.
· Participates in analyzing data conversion needs for system migrations.
· Participates in regular calls with Epic representation to troubleshoot issues and solutions.
· Participates in regular calls with Business Partners regarding production issues.
· Performs all job functions in compliance with applicable federal, state, local and company policies and procedures.
· PMA Analysts only: Performs some direct user support duties typically under the Epic Applications
Support Analyst. Correlates user needs with process design and improvement. Documents issues
according to policy and procedure with actions taken, and resolution for each issue. Escalates issues to senior staff, leadership, and/or system vendor where appropriate. Implements solutions within established policies and procedures. Assigns issues with appropriate statuses and priority based on service-level agreements. Monitors incoming security requests and responds according to service level agreements. Identifies inefficiencies in service operations and makes suggestions for improvement including leading and participating in departmental knowledge sharing processes.
Education: High school diploma. Bachelor’s degree preferred (or equivalent education, training or experience). Epic certification not required but a plus.
Skills and Experience: Skills and experience typically acquired through at least five year’s of experience with Epic Software OR a demonstrated ability in the past to meet the requirements listed in this position.
Proven success in multi-specialty EpicCare deployments, or a significant role in working with multiple specialties in support and/or major projects. Actively and independently investigate and pursue solutions that are outside the realm of previous experience.
All Epic Business and Systems analysts: Well versed in industry rules and regulations. Basic project management skills (ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues list, manage project plan). Excellent communication and follow-up skills. Ability to communicate effectively, written and verbal. A wide degree of creativity and latitude. Good working relationships and interactions with business partners. Actively investigates and pursues solutions that are outside the realm of previous experience. Manages multiple projects and deadlines concurrently. Meet all deadlines. Utilizes online and written materials to determine application and workflow solutions for organizational challenges. Functions effectively as a team player who consistently meets expectations of internal and external customers while maintaining appropriate personal and professional interactions. Provides excellent customer service, finding creative ways to avoid saying “no” while compromising with and educating
users. Skilled in use of computer. Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet and database software. MS Visio and/or Access knowledge a plus.
Atrius Health is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal employment opportunity. All patients, employees, applicants, and other constituents of Atrius Health will be treated with respect and dignity regardless of race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, marital/domestic partner status, parental status, sexual orientation and gender identity and/or expression, or other dimensions of diversity.
Excellent benefits Include:
· Up to 8% company retirement contribution,
· Generous Paid Time Off
· 10 paid holidays,
· Paid professional development,
· Competitive health and welfare benefit package