Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2019 revenues of $4 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
- Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
- Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
- Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care® and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit www.avient.com
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person’s qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
This is position will support two of Avient’s manufacturing sites, one in Norwalk and one North Baltimore Ohio, with responsibility to lead & coordinate with the following: maintaining the plant's EH&S management system, ensuring the plant’s ongoing compliance with all quality certifications, and in providing technical support for Environmental, Health & Safety requirements.
- Provides technical support to plant personnel regarding OSHA regulations, state environmental regulations, and federal DOT regulations.
- Obtains and maintains applicable regulatory permits.
- Reviews/prepares all applicable regulatory reports and maintains supporting documentation.
- Responsible for Industrial Hygiene Monitoring Program for plant.
- Participates in the development of and conducts in-house EH&S audits. Maintains documentation.
- Maintains and participates in the new raw material review boards.
- Keeps current on regulatory issues.
- Maintain facility safety files and records.
- Develop programs to improve plant safety performance in order to meet plant goals.
- Conduct and document new employee safety training and existing employee refresher training.
- Provide safety support for all shifts.
- Lead and actively participate in Safety Council and cross-plant teams as needed.
- Lead BOR’s for safety incidents and/or injuries in conjunction with line and staff personnel.
- Coordinate evaluation, purchase and distribution of safety equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate all workers’ compensation programs and guidelines.
- Perform Job Safety Analyses for new and existing processes where appropriate and develop hazard control practices and programs.
- Coordinate installation, maintenance and auditing of all security, fire protection equipment and alarms.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 3 years in EH&S, including legal and regulatory compliance
- 3 years in manufacturing operations, quality and safety
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Organizational skills, prioritization/time management, and stress management
- Strong reading, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Each position at Avient focuses on eight Core Competencies as a Leader of Self. Additionally, management positions focus on Leadership Competencies as a Leader of Others and/or a Leader of the Business. These competencies are designed to drive behavior that will ultimately help our associates excel at their current roles, while supporting individual and career development.
- Requires standing and sitting for extended periods of time, talking and listening. Must be able to walk and use hands. Occasionally requires bending, stooping, climbing ladders and stairs. May occasionally be required to lift, push or pull up to 50 pounds. Typically work is in a manufacturing environment where noise level is loud. Generally requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, hard hat, respiratory protection. Exposure to outside weather conditions is routine. May be exposed to working in extreme heat and humidity. May also be exposed on occasion to dust or fumes.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran’s status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law. #LI-KF1