About Nuvance Health
Nuvance Health is a family of award-winning nonprofit hospitals and healthcare professionals in the Hudson Valley and western Connecticut. Nuvance Health combines highly skilled physicians, state-of-the-art facilities and technology, and compassionate caregivers dedicated to providing quality care across a variety of clinical areas, including Cardiovascular, Neurosciences, Oncology, Orthopedics, and Primary Care.
Nuvance Health has a network of convenient hospital and outpatient locations — Danbury Hospital, New Milford Hospital, Norwalk Hospital and Sharon Hospital in Connecticut, and Northern Dutchess Hospital, Putnam Hospital Center and Vassar Brothers Medical Center in New York — plus multiple primary and specialty care physician practices locations, including The Heart Center, a leading provider of cardiology care, and two urgent care offices. Non-acute care is offered through various affiliates, including the Thompson House for rehabilitation and skilled nursing services, and the Home Care organizations. For more information about Nuvance Health, visit www.nuvancehealth.org.
Provides assistance with patient care activities and other unit tasks under the general supervision of licensed professional staff and as directed by the manager.
- Provides physical care to assigned patients and performs technical skills such as point of care (POC) testing.
- Implements nursing orders promptly and adequately with an understanding of the purpose of each.
- Follows policy and procedure for assigned patient care activities, including unit specific equipment &
- Provides patient comfort by positioning, extra bathing, straightening linens, putting personal articles within
reach with courtesy and responsiveness.
- Provides for patient safety through preventative measures (i.e. side rails, restraints, bed/chair exit alarm, and
- Enters all data into the computer system as applicable.
- Communicates all patient and visitor information & observations to the appropriate person.
- Provides care appropriate to the age of the patients served on the assigned unit. Demonstrates knowledge of
the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Reports and/or records any changes observed in the condition or behavior of patient; reports all unusual
conditions or reactions to the nurse in charge.
- Recognizes and responds to priorities in the patient care process. Responds to priorities promptly; exercises
good judgement in setting priorities for activities.
- Uses effective working relationships with all health care team members, patients, and significant others.
- Maintains a safe and orderly work environment & a clean, well stocked work area. Assists with maintaining
- Works as a Safety Attendant/Patient Sitter by providing a safe environment to specific patients. Follows
WCHN standards of service excellence.
- Attends staff meetings. Reads/signs 100% of meeting minutes.
- Maintains competency for Basic Life Support certification.
- Fulfills all compliance responsibilities related to the position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
This position requires a minimum formal education of High School Diploma and minimum of zero to six months
High school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience in a hospital environment is preferred but not required.
Active CNA certification is preferred. BLS/CPR required within 90 days of start date or upon completion of
- rientation process (before being released from orientation and functioning independently) whichever comes first.
Location: Norwalk Hospital -34 Maple St
Org Unit: 413
Department: General Surgical
Work Type: Part-Time
Standard Hours: 32.00
Work Schedule: Eve/Night 8 with shift hours between 3:00pm to 11:30pm and 11:15pm to 7:15am
Exempt from Overtime: Exempt: No
- HS Graduate or Equivalent
Western Connecticut Health Network and its affiliates are Section 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organizations and therefore eligible employees may qualify for forgiveness of certain federal student loans under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this form or to participate in an interview, please contact Human Resources at 203-739-7330 (for reasonable accommodation requests only). Please provide all information requested to assure that you are considered for current or future opportunities.