JOB SUMMARY: The Personal Shopper Lead will be responsible for overseeing the Curbside delivery service and team at store level. They will be providing exemplary customer service to all customers by facilitating shopping for our online grocery customer while, also providing only the best quality product in an organized and efficient manner. The Personal Shopper Specialist will primarily be responsible for picking orders, staging orders and delivering orders to our customers at curbside. Success in this role will result in higher sales, improved profitability, superior customer experience and increase our Northgate brand equity of authentic and fresh products in the ecommerce marketplace. The Personal Shopper Specialist will report directly to the Store Team Leader with key inputs from Support Center Sales / Merchandising and Operations teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The essential duties and responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Point of contact for Pronto- Curbside delivery service at store level
- Assist ASST STL with scheduling of Pronto Curbside Team
- Assist ASST STL with training of Pronto Curbside Team
- Work with corporate office to assure that Pronto-curbside delivery service is running correctly
- Report all problems and opportunities to corporate office
- Be a change agent to ensure (ALL) Store Operations associates fully understand the benefits, requirements and implementation of the Pronto - curbside delivery service.
- Provide in-store and online support for customer inquiries as they relate to Online Grocery.
- Responsible for picking the product for customer's online orders ensuring that the freshest and highest quality products are selected, staged in the optimal temperature zones, and following customers notes, both written and verbal.
- Offers suitable substitutions that make sense when items are out-of-stock. Record the reason for the out of stock on the handheld device. Relays order information to customers as needed.
- Follows all processes set forth by the company such as “bagging as items are scanned“ to ensure all items are bagged and accounted for properly.
- Assist with quickly retrieving orders from staging location(s) upon customer arrival, process payment and coupons, and load groceries into customer's vehicle while informing customers of any order modifications and offering a surprise and delight to customers.
- Maintain organization and sanitation cleanliness of the Online Grocery area, including staging areas and equipment in compliance with our company's procedures and policies.
- Must abide by all company Safety regulations as directed by certification, including but not limited to the using of face shields/masks, gloves, and social distancing.
- Report inaccurate pricing, item location, out of stock products and improper temperature discrepancies to appropriate Department Team Leader.
- Performs all other duties and tasks assigned by Store Leadership.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma required.
- One-year experience as a retail environment, preferably in the grocery and/or fresh operations field such as, product knowledge, product quality, product freshness, store layout, and schematics.
- Experience in cross-departments and various retail store-level standard operating procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Friendly, energetic and outgoing personality with exceptional customer service skills
- Consensus team builder with proven leadership.
- Problem solver with an aptitude to report opportunities, as needed
- Bilingual skills- ability to read, write, analyze, interpret and understand the English and Spanish language with sufficient proficiency to read and understand instructions for operating electronic equipment and tools, company handbooks, policies and procedures, and other written job-related documents.
- Ability to hear, speak and understand the spoken word to respond promptly to pages for assistance, to accommodate verbal requests from customers for information or assistance, to answer telephones, mobile devices, and to be able to communicate effectively with others.
- Basic computer skill and mobile application knowledge to assist customers with troubleshooting
- Basic math skills (adding, subtracting, multiplying & dividing)
Physical Demands and Work Conditions
The physical demands and work conditions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Some requirements may be modified to accommodate individuals with disabilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
Physical Demands: The associate will be regularly required to:
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds several times throughout the day
- Ability to bend, kneel and stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time and walk constantly
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, simultaneously, while meeting/exceeding productivity standards
- Reach with hands and arms (including reaching overhead)
- Talk and hear
- Visual ability to read instructions and perform events
- Push and pull a wheeled demonstration cart weighing up to 300 pounds fully laden with appliances, supplies and product
- Be in contact with cleaning supplies
Physical Appearance: Individuals must ensure a professional appearance and proper grooming is in order. The associate must present a neat, clean, and appropriately groomed appearance. Specific Retailer Dress code requirements are included in the training documents. In addition, tattoos must not be visible while the associate is engaged in their work assignments.
Working Conditions (environment in which the job is performed): Retail store environment and outside events with some travel.
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factors, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. The Employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business or the work environment change.