Software Engineer, Optical Inter-satellite Link
Project Kuiper is an initiative to launch a constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
Innovation is part of our DNA! Our goal is to be Earth’s most customer centric company, and we are just getting started. We need people who want to join this ambitious program that continues to push the state of the art in distributed systems and flight and ground software design. Come work at Amazon!
Key job responsibilities
· Develop application software in C/C++/Rust/Python
· Participate in the full life-cycle of development from planning all the way to deployment and maintenance stages
· Develop highly reliable flight and ground software from low level and flight control to automated test systems
· Work closely with hardware and systems engineers to support board-bring up, development of control algorithms, interfacing software with electronics, and designing ground support equipment
Export Control Requirements
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
A day in the life
As a Software Development Engineer, you will be a member of the optical inter-satellite link (ISL) team, focusing on the design, implementation, and verification of software systems to control, monitor, and test high-rate optical communications. You will develop and execute test automation, be responsible for identifying top level requirements, ensure that high quality and innovative designs are pursued, and support other Project Kuiper colleagues with reviewing and improving other software system designs.
About the team
We are looking for an outstanding engineer who combines superb technical and analytical capabilities with a demonstrated ability to get the right things done quickly and effectively. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team of top-notch engineers and collaborate closely with the optical, electrical, firmware, and opto-mechanical development teams. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems that haven't been solved at scale before. Along the way, you'll learn a lot, have fun and make a positive impact on hundreds of millions of people.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related degree
· 1+ years of software development experience
· 1+ years of software test and validation experience
· 1+ years of experience with C, C++, Rust, Python or similar programming languages
· 1+ years of experience with troubleshooting/debugging with hardware
· Experience developing test application software to interface with test equipment
· Experience with software QA, test methodologies and process
· Experience with the test and debug of hardware and software systems
· Experience with embedded microprocessor tools
· Fundamental understanding of general and specialized test equipment, such as signal generators, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and power equipment.
· Knowledge of Linux environments
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.