At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Create and implement Quality Assurance Program Plans for individual flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Quality & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with Northrop Grumman Defense Systems Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to the Mission Assurance Manager in review of various activities including ensuring AS9100D compliance throughout site policies, procedures and practices.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Provide Mission Assurance oversight of production processes and supporting activities.
- Establish and execute Safety and Quality Assurance programs, procedures and controls ensuring that products and services conform to company standards of excellence.
- Adjudicate and process preliminary and final dispositions for product and service non-conformances.
- Support the development, implementation and maintenance of mission assurance policies and procedures.
- Review and approve supplier First Article Inspection Reports.
- Conduct on-site assessments of suppliers' quality management systems.
- Conduct audits of suppliers' production processes.
- Interface with suppliers in the verification of product design and reliability.
- Process supplier non-conformances and issue and manage Supplier Corrective Actions Requests (SCAR's).
- Interpret customer technical and mission assurance requirements to ensure these requirements are integrated into program plans, specifications and product drawings.
- Provide oversight in discrepancy reviews and failure investigations as well as cause and corrective action determinations. Analyze and interpret trends and execute improvements on key metrics.
- Represent Mission Assurance at program reviews and review boards including Configuration Control Board (CCB) and Corrective Action Board (CAB).
- Ensure Risk Management activities (dFMEA, pFMEA) are executed according to standards and procedures.
- Ensure program contract requirements are flowed down internally and to suppliers and ensure compliance with internal and customer alert requirements.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below
Education and Experience:
This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or a level 4.
BQs for a engineer mission assurance are:
BQs for a level 3 are:
BS in Engineering & 6 years relevant experience or equivalent for a level 3 position.
BQs for a level 4 are:
BS in Engineering & 9 years relevant experience or equivalent for a level 4 position.
Active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain
Able to read engineering documentation, drawings and parts lists, inspection plans and supplemental instructions. Extensive knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa, FMEA, DOE, KTA (Kepner Tregoe Analysis) etc.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.