Contribute to a safer, more secure and sustainable world!
Founded in 1894, Underwriter's Laboratories is a global leader in making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place to live, work and play. Every day, thousands of UL colleagues wake up to fulfill this purpose.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose — to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach and deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day provides a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of lives we touch rest easier too.
The Manager, Order to Cash Process “Steward“ is responsible for supporting the design of a Global Order to Cash optimization strategy (process and technology) and coordination of deployment of activities.
What will you do:
- Complete end to end process review workshops across UL's Global Order to Cash - Global Business Services Centers, identifying areas for standardization, process optimization and implementation working with UL's Regional Order to Cash Managers
- Work with key stakeholders in the Quote, Billing, Credit, Collections, Cash Applications and other cross functional organizations (e.g. sales, customer service, legal, I.T) to understand issues and implement Best in Class solutions
- Identify root causes of collections, disputes and work to solve
- Drive Process Standardization and Harmony
- Evaluate supporting tools/systems to improve global process including but not limited to Oracle, Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics, Cforia, Dun & Bradstreet
- As a subject matter expert create training material on ideal processes within the OTC cycle
- Partner with stakeholders to develop and ensure Finance Policies for order to cash process are relevant and current
- Help establish a stronger working relationship between the Global Business Service Center teams and UL Business Unit leadership
- Ensure that the Order to Cash Processes and Systems are in adherence with Sarbanes/Oxley procedures
- Help identify ways to measure Order to Cash targets and other KPIs, establishing a robust monitoring process and proactively identify areas of continuous improvement
- Develop improvement projects / ideas for processes linked to Order to Cash
- Drive automation of O2C processes with IA, RPA & other tools in coordination with the GBS Automation team where feasible and cost effective
- Working closely with the Global Director – Order to Cash to establish 3 & 5 year plans to create a World Class Order to Cash organization
What you need
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in accounting, business or finance required
- 5-10 years as a practitioner in the Order to Cash process preferably in a leadership role
- 5+ years of relevant working experience in international company with a true global footprint
- Ability to work independently, capable of handling multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously
- Previous experience in driving improvements with standards
- Strong attention to detail; ability to write detailed procedures and work instructions
- Strong ability to coordinate action across dispersed workforce
- Competent in Microsoft Office, advanced Excel skills (v-lookup, pivot table etc.)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and management
- Strong written and verbal skills enabling effective communication
- ERP technology experience an advantage, including ERP implementations – Oracle R12 highly preferred
- Experience driving Collections with automation tools such as GetPaid, Cforia or HighRadius
- CCE Certification, Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or higher is highly preferred