Improvement Initiatives and Performance
Responsible for successful
implementation of new and improved capabilities in people, processes and tools
needed for CI initiatives.
- Lead projects forestablishing, sustaining, and improving performance within the various functions,working directly within the manufacturing site and functional work-streams,with emphasis toward end to end operational involvement and improvement.
- Set performance improvement goals incollaboration with other stakeholders, i.e. develop/design visual boards, KPI structure,etc. for assigned work stream(s).
- Acts as an effective change agent andcontributes to constructive debate that drives improvement. Proactively communicate opportunities and challenges
- Provide feedbackon observed leadership behaviors during meetings to ensure meeting productivitythat drives actions and outcomes.
- Model, encourageand enable in management ‘routines’ (such as Gemba Walks) to ensure continuedfocus on improvement.
- Deliver andsupport training and learning to different levels of the organization
- Assess progress andresults of CI implementation initiatives
- Responsible forperforming project management role or collaborating with project manager on CIinitiatives.
- Collaborate withproject managers and functional leaders to ensure mutual understanding ofproject plans, milestones, resources and risks.Communicate progress in a complete and timely manner. Identify and secure needed resources andexpertise from other functions and integrate as needed to CI initiatives.
Improvement Subject Matter Expertise
Responsible for on-going,
personal development of skills and knowledge needed for leadership role.
- Develops knowledge of key CI systems,processes, and tools needed to achieve continuous improvements in the financialand operational objectives of the supply chain and business. For example, Six Sigma, Lean, 5S, change management,analytics and the proficiency to teach and assess utilization of key CIsystems, processes and tools.
- Develops increasing proficiency inassigned areas of functional expertise.
Continuous Improvement Team and Pipeline Contribution
Seen as a leader,
influencer and an advocate for process discipline and commitment to the
Company’s standards, particularly for EHS&S, quality, reliability, maintenance,
operations, production planning and S&OP and productivity
improvements. Contributes to an
environment where employees and business partners all contribute to improved
effectiveness, efficiency and enterprise value.
- Contribute to transparency andcollaboration between the CI organization and its partners across theorganization.
- Maintain oversight of all assigned CIprojects, ensuring that commitments are planned, staffed, executed upon, monitoredand reported.
- Contributes to building an on-going pipeline ofend to end improvement ideas, opportunities.
- Engage in on-going research and learningto bring insights to trends, best practices and imperatives for continuousimprovement.
Bachelor's degree in
Business, Planning, Operations, Science or Engineering, or equivalent expertise
- Fiveor more years of experience in manufacturing, continuous improvement andbusiness/industry. Specifically, experience within one or moresupply chain functions including production planning, S&OP, transportation,inventory management, operations, EHS, compliance, maintenance and sitemanagement. (Planning through Delivery)
- Experiencein roles leading cross-functional teams and/or projects to implement newprocesses or capabilities within complex contexts including multi-regional andmulti-cultural.
- Preferablyproven experience or demonstrated capability in leading change initiatives incomplex and dynamic environments.
- Certification(s)in Six Sigma, Lean, Project Management, CSCP, CPIM, CLTD, or similar a plus.
- Abilityto collaborate on organizational change and build capabilities to optimizeoperational efficiency and existing investments.
- Abilityto communicate content and training materials to foster learning and motivatesstaff and aligns to the business strategy.
- Abilityto instill confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value ofContinuous Improvement.
- Excellentanalytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and executionskills.
- Curiosityand energy to stay connected to technologies and trends and how to deploy themto drive operational excellence in operations and Supply Chain.