Requisition Number: LABOR01837
Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates, Inc. (WJE) is seeking a sharp-minded, versatile Laboratory Operations Administrative Associate to provide administrative support, lab organization, and project assistance of a technical nature to the engineers and scientists at the Janney Technical Center (JTC) in Northbrook, Illinois. The JTC’s 70,000-square-foot state-of-the-art testing and applied research facility includes a full array of chemistry, petrography, metallurgy, concrete and mortar, corrosion, and structural testing laboratories as well as environmental exposure chambers.
The Laboratory Operations Administrative Associate is an integral part of the JTC administrative team, working collaboratively in support of the JTC technical professionals, while also independently managing different aspects of laboratory functions and projects.
WJE employs extraordinary people—people with exceptional talent and outstanding character with a willingness to excel as members of the WJE team. WJE encourages people to be innovative, supports professional activities, and provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you believe you fit this profile and meet the qualifications detailed below, we want to hear from you.
Watch this video to take a look inside WJE’s Janney Technical Center.
- Project Assistance: proofreading, editing, and formatting documents; preparing and developing client deliverables including letters, reports, presentations; creating and compiling marketing support materials; completing data entry
- Project Sample Management: maintaining project samples electronic database and physical storage locations; communicating and coordinating shipping, discarding, or storing samples
- Information Technology: maintaining computer/iPad inventory
- Accounting/Billing: completing monthly billing tasks and various financial reports; managing invoices and company accounts; entering weekly lab charges
- Office Operations: coordinating and preparing for meetings; completing general office and laboratory administrative duties including printing, scanning, binding, shipping, etc.
- Bachelor's degree with some relevant administrative or customer service support experience (Additional relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Strong editing and proofreading skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and related programs
- High capacity for learning, retaining, and executing processes of a technical nature
- Professional, service-oriented mindset, with enthusiasm for supporting others in their work
- Proactive team player mindset with willingness to take on various responsibilities and ability to work closely with the administrative team to ensure flow of work
- Self-starter with an ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing demands, while maintaining a high standard of excellence and exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work overtime as needed to meet deadlines (typical workday schedule from 9 AM to 6 PM)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability along with the ability to read and write. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office equipment. Position requires the ability to remain for extended periods at a workstation, as well as the ability to lift 25 pounds.
WJE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite all qualified applicants to apply including individuals with disabilities, minorities, women, and protected veterans. (VEVRAA federal contractor)
WJE will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Fair Chance Ordinances.