Job Title: Production Planning A
Job Code: IMS20201401-38987
Job Location: Northampton, MA
Responsible for the overall production planning and coordination of all operation activities in compliance with the Master Schedule and / or contractual requirements. Maintain
effective communication with program teams and functional departments as it pertains to material launch, scheduling, tracking, expediting and shipment of hardware for all development and production programs. Analyze and communicate the status of schedule commitments on procurement items and their impact on production floor schedules.
Essential Job Functions & Duties:
- Work closely with production supervisors, purchasing, manufacturing and quality engineers to ensure schedules and priorities are being met, including lot sizing to achieve the most effective cost results. Meet with production team to review and discuss progress of work. Discuss and resolve minor to medium complexity schedule issues.
- Responsible for lower complexity spares and production (non-developmental) programs.
- Perform a variety of duties to release the work packets of various programs and projects according to the Division master schedule and program network plans. Work from the MRP (Material Requirement Planning) system, production schedules, job sequencing packets, established procedures and practices, and written or verbal instructions. Work closely with Master Scheduling to facilitate the planning and execution of programs as outlined in the production schedules.
- Ensure all MRP planning data is maintained on a regular basis (i.e. lead-times, lot sizes, inventory transfers, and specific quote data on large programs). Perform accurate and complete maintenance transactions into the MRP system for all purchasing and planning transactions. Plan, coordinate and expedite detailed part schedules in compliance with the Master Schedule requirements or as otherwise directed.
- Review and analyze material order requirements for respective programs and ensure timely order launch to meet production schedules. Notify purchasing and supervisor of any critical items that require expediting.
- Review all manufacturing orders for release, ensuring no hardware shortages exist. Compile and complete job packets for release to the manufacturing floor which will contain all required documentation including drawings, parts lists, pick lists, operations sheets, assembly instructions and test methods.
- Generate and release required documentation for release of hardware to shipping for final shipment. Work closely with contract administrator to ensure SDR (Shipping Detail Report) is accurately generated with all pertinent information, to include serial numbers and packing lists when required. Release all required documentation relevant to SDR. Ensure all quality documentation (OQE) is available for final shipment prior to release.
- Interface with other functional departments, program teams, procurement and individuals as required. Notify the program team of unresolved problems, anticipated problems or situations requiring attention. Stay informed of program changes resulting in schedule adjustments.
- Work closely with Purchasing and Product Teams to maintain effective communications regarding delivery status and procurement problems. Communicate real or potential schedule delays pertaining to assigned program(s).
- Understand the logic of the company Management Information System as it specifically pertains to MRP, order launching and program execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Material Requirement (MRP) experience desired
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Ability to investigate issues and problem solve
- Ability to utilize systems to report program status
- Collaboration Skills
- Organization Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Sense of urgency
- Must meet eligibility requirements to access US classified information
- 1+ years production/material control/planning knowledge or experience in areas of customer / sales accounts representative
- Supervision: Close supervision involving detailed instructions and checking of work
- Impact of Errors: Can be easily identified with minimal disruption or cost to rectify.