Quality Control Technician
Covia Corporation is North America's leading industrial mineral producer and a technology partner to a diverse customer base. Our silica, high purity quartz, feldspar, nepheline syenite, calcium carbonate, clay, kaolin, lime and limestone products are the fundamental building blocks of nearly every industrial and manufacturing process.
Quality and innovation are at the foundation of Covia; but our real strength is our employees. Covia employs a diverse and highly skilled team of professionals to convert natural minerals into engineered solutions for our customers.
Covia is looking for a dynamic Quality Control Technician who will have a positive impact on the Operations team at its Utica, IL location. As a Quality Control Technician, you will complete all required Quality sampling and testing to maintain compliance with all State, Federal, and Unimin regulations.
The successful incumbent will have the following Key Accountabilities:
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner following all Unimin and MSHA guidelines. Work areas will include active quarry, processing plants, loadout, and the general mine permit area.
- Perform all tasks to maintain compliance with the plant Control of lnspection, Measuring, and Test.
- Equipment Policies at the Utica Operations including
- Perform weekly balance calibrations on all balances. b. Run monthly sieve standards on all sieve stacks.
- Perform scheduled gauge calibrations on all plant testing equipment.
- Perform periodic belt scale calibration and maintain the appropriate records.
- Perform required tasks to maintain compliance with appropriate Continuous Monitoring/Control.
- Systems as the Utica Operations including:
- Prepare monthly product samples for analysis at UASL.
- Perform Bi-Weekly pH testing of process water and maintain records.
- Collect and run tromp curves to monitor wet processing performance and maintain the appropriate records.
- Assist with QCDARS data entry as required.
- Perform tasks to maintain Environmental compliance with State and Federal Regulations including:
- Assist in the collection of monthly water samples.
- Assist in the collection of air monitoring data.
- Assist in the collection of monitoring well data.
- Assist in the collection of water quality data for the Utica Operations.
- Assist in monthly tank inspections for the Utica Operations.
- Assist with periodic Method 22 Stack tests.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as judgment or necessity dictates.
The successful incumbent will have the following Minimum Qualifications:
- Good math skills
- Must be able to work in an industrial plant environment
- Work in all weather conditions
- Strong computer skills required (Microsoft Office, Excel)
- High school graduate
- 1-3 years of related experience.
- Excellent Healthcare Benefits - medical, vision, dental
- 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
- Vacation + Paid Holidays
- Education Assistance
- Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long Term Care Insurances
- Employee Assistance Program
At Covia, we strive for and support a diverse workforce as we recognize this lays the foundation of our success. Our compelling culture supports inclusion, individuality and respect within the workplace. We are committed to providing employment opportunities to the most qualified candidate based on work-related factors and without regard to non-work-related factors including race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status.
The organization offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits.
An Equal Opportunity Employer