Principal Digital Operations Engineer
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet. Amazon Robotics is the global leader of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
We are looking for a Principal Digital Operations Engineer to design our future state Digital Operations ecosystem. The ideal candidate is a senior technologist that will serve as a technical visionary, strategist, developer, and problem solver. In this role you will work closely with business and technical organizations across Amazon to design and develop innovative solutions to complex problems. This role will be expected to:
· Actively support and foster a culture of inclusion.
· Drive make versus buy technology decisions
· Demonstrated understanding of supply chain strategy, network architecture and business planning
· Have detailed knowledge of global supply chain infrastructure and how different architectures scale
· Drive a digital transformation that enables more automation, efficiency, and user experience
· Lead the analysis of business and operating models, market trends and the technology industry to determine systems and infrastructure strategy, direction and architecture
· Decompose business and system strategies and initiatives into actionable multi-year roadmaps
· Drive analysis of the business' future-state capabilities to detect gaps and recommend solutions for improvement and modernization
· Guide project teams with technical direction, ensuring efforts are aligned with the future vision and strategy.
· Bachelor degree in business, computer science, computer engineering, or a related field of study, or equivalent experience
· 10+ years of hands on System Development or Software Engineering
· 7+ years of experience in 3+ of the following disciplines: supply chain, information, solution or technical architecture, application development, middleware, infrastructure, or network
· 5+ years experience in ERP discipline, architecture, strategy, and implementations
· 5+ years experience in strategy and technology planning
· Experienced with information management practices, system development life cycle management, Agile, IT services management, infrastructure and operations, EA frameworks, and DevOps
· Experience with data warehousing, analytics, and visualization
· Cybersecurity and InfoSec policies, technologies, and procedures
· Cisco network or similar technologies
· Cloud computing, preferably in AWS
· Proven facilitation, influence, leadership, and negotiation skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication at all levels of the organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit .