Director, EV Battery Operations – Spiers New Technologies
VACCINE POLICY: WHERE PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU MUST BE FULLY VACCINATED AGAINST COVID-19 TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS U.S.-BASED JOB (REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS FOR MEDICAL AND RELIGIOUS OBJECTIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED).
The Director of EV Battery Operations will lead and drive the success of your respective location. In this role, you are responsible to drive exceptional services(s) to our clients and focus strongly on setting and hitting site production metrics and operational efficiencies through short and long-term goals. In this role you will lead a team of other operational leaders to achieve revenue growth and transactional targets for your respective location aligned with the overall EV Battery goals and objectives. Focus will be on safety, staffing to hit production targets, client satisfaction and operational efficiencies.
- Operate with a safety-first mindset and prioritize safety training and best practices with team
- Develop strategic operational plan(s) to achieve revenue growth and transactional targets. Be innovative and forward thinking about the dynamic nature of future service offerings.
- Develop and cascade revenue, efficiency goals and objectives to team and manage location operational goals.
- Demonstrate flexibility and creative thinking when forming solutions for your location that go beyond current/existing boundaries and goals to improve the overall location and company performance.
- Leverage partnership with other locations for alignment with the vision and goals of EV Battery Solutions to enhance client experience, bridge service/product gaps, grow market share, and increase synergies and profitability.
- Lead operations, assess and attain necessary staffing levels, review work volumes, plan and continuously monitor to ensure efficiency, qualify work product and effective customer service.
- Evaluate and monitor site performance and operational metrics against KPIs and other measures. Establish priorities and specific strategies to meet goals. Support regular and monthly reporting to Head of Operations
- Manage and develop direct report team as well as ensure that indirect reports receive development, coaching and training.
- Collaborate with boundary partners with EV Battery Solutions and Cox mobility including but not limited to Sales, Finance, Facilities, IT, Operational Excellence, HR and Engineering teams.
- Demonstrate safety first mindset and commitment to security
- Establish and measure progress against performance goals
- Drive innovation and quality
- Manage remote teams as necessary
- Function as the escalation point for clients
- Meet or exceed all safety, environmental and health standards
Develop and execute the EV Battery Solutions strategy for the location
- Establish and implement operational processes in partnership with the Engineering Team and Operational Excellence
- Onboard clients and service providers
- Establish SLAs with clients
- Monitor service providers to ensure they meet established deadlines and service levels
- Establish/Maintain excellent working relationship with Engineering to provide feedback, opportunities and enhancement requests related to Battery Health
Establish SNT as the premier, end -to- end, EV Battery service provider in the market.
- Network with community leaders, local government officials, and mobility related organizations
- Partner where appropriate to drive and execute on common goals
- Work in partnership with Sales, Marketing, PR, and Communications teams on activities to increase and support the brand, including hosting events
Collaborate with Sales to engage with clients to generate revenue and meet growth targets.
- Meet with and host potential clients as part of the sales process
- Establish and maintain a regular cadence of client communication
- Ensure an excellent client experience
Create a culture of excellence that demonstrates Cox values and mirrors the community
- Demonstrate leadership by providing direction and guidance to employees
- Exhibit servant leadership qualities in regular interactions with direct report team and colleagues
- Select and onboard employees to create a diverse workforce
- Determine individual and team goals; hold employees accountable for meeting goals
- Compensation includes a base salary of $115,872 - 162,282. Salary may vary outside of the anticipated range based on factors such as the ultimate location of the position and the selected candidate's experience.
- Position is eligible for additional compensation that may include commission (annual, monthly, etc.) and/or an incentive program.
- 10+ years of work experience required
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the automotive industry
- Prior experience as operational leader with P&L Responsibility
- Experience in a matrix environment, with a proven track record of positive results and innovation
- Demonstrated client relationship management and/or solving client needs
- Ability to develop and execute strategy in an evolving market
- Broad industry experience and knowledge of electric vehicles, automotive and vehicle servicing, and support
- Comfortable leading team in ambiguity
- Ability to Influence and negotiate with a wide range of audiences, internally and externally
- Effective executive level communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills - flexible, collaborative, positive attitude, highly motivated and curious about market evolutions
- Presentation skills - ability to convert analysis and business plans into compelling, persuasive presentations
- Expert-level proficiency with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's degree
Who We Are
About Cox Automotive
There’s nothing ordinary about Cox Automotive. We are people of every background driven by our passion for mobility, innovation, client success and community outreach. We make buying, selling and owning (or simply using) cars easier for everyone. Touching more than 40,000 clients across five continents, we bring together the best brands and the best teams to propel the automotive industry forward. Some of those team members work for our iconic consumer brands like Autotrader and Kelley Blue Book, while others are creating the future of automotive at industry-facing brands like Dealer.com, Manheim and vAuto.
We are the Cox family of businesses. We’ve been making our mark since 1898 by building and evolving world-class businesses, staying true to our values, and encouraging top talent to always look for growth and impact while building a career with us. Our primary divisions – Cox Communications and Cox Automotive – are driving a new wave of innovation, powering smart cities with powerhouse broadband communications and pioneering greener, more progressive transportation alternatives for individuals and fleet operators. We’re also expanding into new spaces like cleantech and healthcare to rev up our momentum toward building a better future for the next generation. We’re looking for the talent today who will be our leaders tomorrow. Sound intriguing? Learn more about where we are today, where we hope you’ll be going with us, and the common purpose that unites us at coxenterprises.com.
Benefits of working at Cox may include health care insurance (medical, dental, vision), retirement planning (401(k)), and paid days off (sick leave, parental leave, flexible vacation/wellness days, and/or PTO). For more details on what benefits you may be offered, visit our benefits page.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law. Cox provides reasonable accommodations when requested by a qualified applicant or employee with disability, unless such accommodations would cause an undue hardship.
Statement to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations: Cox accepts resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their services. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox facility. Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.