Scientific Research Corporation is an advanced information technology engineering company that provides innovative products and services to government and private industry, as well as independent institutions. At the core of our capabilities is a seasoned team of highly skilled engineers and scientists with multidisciplinary backgrounds. This team is challenged daily to provide cutting edge technology solutions to our clients.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical Writer will be responsible for creating and maintaining documentation for a group of systems engineers designing, building and supporting a development and production system under a government contract. Must be capable of working independently to create system level documentation, procedures and plans using Microsoft Office Suite.
Typical responsibilities include some or all of the following:
- Interview systems administrators and systems design engineers to gather the necessary information for creating system level documentation
- Create management plans for Configuration, Security, Program, and Operations using Word, Visio, and Excel
- Create slide presentations to support briefings using PowerPoint
- Maintain schedule and schedule tracking activities for project and operational deliverables
- Maintain risk register and risk reporting activities
- Manage peer reviews of documentation and arbitrate review comments.
Scientific Research Corporation offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages excellence. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Scientific Research Corporation is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
MINIMUM SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Two (2) years of progressively responsible Technical Writing positions supporting software development, systems design groups or other technically related groups
- Bachelors Degree or more than 5 years of equivalent work experience
- Demonstrable expertise in Microsoft Word, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Project
- Must have a Secret Clearance, and have the ability to obtain a Top Secret
DESIRED SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience using SharePoint
- Experience using CMPro is beneficial
- Experience creating documentation under a government contract
THIS POSITION REQUIRES AN ACTIVE DoD SECRET CLEARANCE