Occupational Therapy Assistant
Company : Name
Ecumen North Branch
1 week ago(10/4/2019 11:14 AM)
Ecumen North Branch seeks an Occupational Therapy Assistant to join its team. Ecumen North Branch consists of 51 assisted living rental apartment homes, as well as 68 nursing home beds, 20 additional residences for seniors requiring memory care. Ecumen creates home for older adults wherever they choose to live. Our employees are dedicated to empowering our customers to lead richer, fuller lives and have consistently recognized Ecumen as a “Best Place to Work,” an award by the Minneapolis-St. Paul Business Journal.
Responsible for assisting the Occupational Therapist in providing rehabilitation services to persons with mental, physical, emotional or development impairments and helping clients improve their quality of life by teaching them ways to compensate for limitations.
Essential job responsibilities include:
Teaches clients proper techniques (examples: transfer from bed to wheelchair, ways to stretch and achieve limber muscles) following treatment plan developed in collaboration with the Occupational Therapist.
Monitors clients in performance of activities, provides encouragement, and notifies Occupational Therapist if treatments are not having the intended effect.
- Records client’s progress in their Occupational Therapy records, and provides accurate and detailed records of services provided for billing purposes.
Interviews clients to verify personal and medical information; reviews and records client’s medical history and confirms purpose for treatment.
Ensures cleanliness of work areas and maintains sufficient supplies necessary to provide services; maintains OT equipment according to operating instructions, troubleshoots breakdowns, and initiates calls for repair services as necessary.
- Practices within state licensure requirements and scope of practice.
- Follows guidelines/requirements set by CMS, federal and state regulations and meeting requirements set by other payors (insurance companies).
- Manages and maintains individual license/certification renewals and when applicable other professional certifications.
Occupational Therapy Assistant
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Education: Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA) from accredited program
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written formats
- Ability to follow all safety rules, regulations, policies and procedures of the facility including but not limited to: Vulnerable Adult and Abuse Policy, HIPAA, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Universal Precaution, AWAIR, OSHA, Right to know, SDS, ADA, HUD Policy and Procedures, Fair Housing laws and regulations
- Previous experience working with seniors
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ecumen is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, disability or veteran status.
We participate in E-Verify.