Zinpro Corporation, the feed industry leader in the manufacturing, research, and marketing of Performance Minerals*, is seeking a highly motivated individual for the position of Plant Operator.
Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Plant Operator is a key contributor to Zinpro’s success by manufacturing the organization's products according to established production specifications and schedules; volume, cost, and wastage targets; and quality standards. Work will center around performing routine tasks and responsibilities involving the operation, maintenance/repair, and management of Zinpro plant equipment or other tasks under close supervision. Working both independently and collaboratively with team members and management, the Plant Operator has an active role in improving, operating, and maintaining all processes associated with the plant. Success in this position requires the ability to work with complex machinery and perform physically demanding work while ensuring the safety of self and others. This role is based in a Zinpro manufacturing plant.
- Controls, operates and maintains the automated production machinery that blends, mixes, processes, dries, fills, and packages Zinpro products
- Operates a variety of equipment, including reactor, dryer, blending, bagging equipment, and material handling equipment
- Drives changes in safety, working conditions, and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, shop, or work team
- Performs all tasks in compliance with company policies, procedures, work instructions, and training
- Performs preventative maintenance and troubleshooting activities on production equipment
- Handles, lifts, and transports product and operates miscellaneous equipment
- Performs shipping, receiving, and other warehousing tasks
- Perform sampling, data collection, and process operation according to production, regulatory, and feed safety requirements
- Ensures nonconforming raw materials, in-process, and finished products are properly identified, segregated, and dispositioned
- Proactively identifies and participates in implementing measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product
- Receives work direction/work orders from management and satisfactorily completes job assignments
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year of experience in a production environment
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to perform basic troubleshooting
- Basic computer skills (PC) and basic working knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively communicate with coworkers and management
- Post-secondary education
- 3 plus years’ experience in a related production environment or industry such as chemical, feed, paper, ethanol, or dairy manufacturing
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and perform maintenance-related tasks
- Boiler operation experience
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or inventory management systems such as Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP)
- Experience supporting ISO 9000 Quality Systems, GMP’s, or Lean Manufacturing methods
Work Environment and Physical Requirements
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee often works near guarded moving mechanical equipment and may handle toxic or hazardous chemicals
- The employee is frequently exposed to heights, confined spaces, and hot and cold conditions
- The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to loud
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 60 pounds
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
The plant operator is expected to work a 40-hour work week and occasional overtime. Employees will rotate between 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shift.
This position will work primarily at their home manufacturing plant facility and may engage in occasional company-sponsored travel.
Must possess qualities and skills that align with Zinpro’s Core Values:
- Build Trust: We believe in being purposeful with our words and actions. We work to build trust with customers, vendors, and co-workers through being truthful and fulfilling our commitments. We honor our word and are accountable for our actions.
- Win Together: We believe we can better achieve when we work united, internally and with customers. When we embrace and leverage our diverse individual talents with global perspectives, we create a team that’s stronger and smarter than any one individual. We are all bound by the belief that when we work together, we can realize greater potential.
- Serve Generously: We believe in putting people first, supporting each other’s efforts and treating all with kindness and respect. We work in partnership with customers and ourselves to create opportunities; a win for another is a win for us.
- Always Improve: We believe in what’s right and pursuing continuous growth and improvement for customers, our company, and ourselves. Our high expectations drive us to consistently and reliably deliver the highest quality. We work to be better each day.
- Dream Big: We believe advancement starts with an unquenchable curiosity. We embrace the freedom to explore, create, and express ideas without the fear of failure. We always learn from each other and our customers, from our successes and our mistakes.
Zinpro Corporation provides individual career growth opportunities and an excellent benefits package.
Zinpro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.