Explore the possibilities across our global house of brands.
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
The accomplished individual will leverage their proficiency in HR Compliance to...
- Act as SME for HR operations employment policies, providing input and guidance to cross functional HR teams.
- Identify and implement continued operational excellence and service improvement initiatives.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of current HR Operations employment policies, processes, and procedures, and provide recommendations to improve or achieve compliance and efficiency.
- Consult with Human Resources Business Partners to develop insights for how HR Operations can best serve the evolving needs of the business, managers, and employees.
- Design and develop clear and effective HR employment policies, procedures, programs, and standards that ensure legal compliance and alignment with our company values.
- Develop and/or advise on the creation of HR, manager, and employee process guides, tools, and trainings as needs arise.
- Keep current on all employment legislative and regulatory changes and/or developments (multi-state updates), and ensure Tapestry's employment HR policies and standards are updated timely to reflect changes to rules and regulations.
- Monitor changes in business environment and legislative and regulatory standards (including multi-state updates) which may impact HR policies and procedures. Effect timely updates to Tapestry's HR policies and practices to ensure continued compliance.
- Participate in the data analysis and auditing for Affirmative Action reporting and analyses; ensure compliance with federal contractor obligations, including record retention, job posting requirements, and EEO-1 reporting.
- Partner closely with Legal and Employee Relations to ensure consistency with respect to compliance practices.
- In partnership with Employee Relations and Legal, help maintain, update, and further develop the employment handbook for the USA and Canada
- Ensure clear, accurate and timely communications regarding HR compliance matters.
- Develop, align, and streamline HR policies and supporting procedures, providing the necessary communication, training and guidance to meet the needs to the range of stakeholders across the business - striving to balance employee experience, customer needs, consistency, compliance, and organizational performance.
- Manage 1 direct report.
The successful individual will possess...
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in HR
- 8-10 years of relevant professional work experience in Human Resources Operations, Compliance, and/or Employee Relations
- Operations management and/or senior HR experience background
- Experience in developing policies and processes to ensure compliance with US federal/state/ local labor laws and regulations and/or to support the company's strategic direction. Experience with Canadian employment law a plus.
- Experience with regulatory audits/investigations on employment related matters.
The outstanding individual will possess...
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a lean environment.
- Proven ability to anticipate issues and implement solutions.
- Strong strategic problem solving and root/cause analysis skills; ability to research, consolidate the information, and formulate clear observations/recommendations.
- Demonstrated business acumen
- Highly motivated, organized and methodical
- Re-engineering and process improvement skills
- Strong ability to identify and implement opportunities to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- Comprehensive understanding of US compliance requirements and reporting. Working knowledge of Canadian requirements a plus.
- Customer-focused, demonstrate high level of professionalism and discretion, with ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent problem solving/judgment skills, and keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills.
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong moraleand spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable“ positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JW1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at
Req ID: 60460
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Operations Manager, HR, HR Manager, Employee Relations, Operations, Human Resources