Are you always on the lookout for creative solutions and continuous process improvements?
Are you excited by the chance at gaining experience from a global manufacturing company setting the industry standard of excellence?
Dart is looking for you!
We need a leader with a true production mindset who thrives in a highly collaborative environment and shares our strong commitment to safety, quality, service and efficiency.
Our Engineering Manager will strive to improve operations, minimize costs, while planning and directing the development and implementation of new methodologies. Effective communication skills to collaborate with a wide variety of individuals, when investigating, analyzing and planning direction are a must!
Family owned and operated for more than 60 years, we’re proud to offer:
- Comprehensive benefit package, including health, dental, vision, Flexible Spending Account, 401K and wellness incentives
- Opportunities for advancement
- Full tuition reimbursement
It only takes one application to be considered. See below for details and apply today!
- Provides management of engineering services for the installation, maintenance, and improvement of machinery, equipment and facilities
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Tracks maintenance issues and advises on action needed to ensure production is not impeded
- Responsible for installing and testing new equipment
- Ensures that maintenance standards are compliant with statutory health and safety regulations.
- Direct teams to assess progress, analyze problems, facilitate solutions, identify resources and adjust plans as needed
- Ensure that objectives are achieved at the lowest cost consistent with quality requirements
- Identify and recommend short- and long-term business strategies
- Develop and convey broad, advanced conceptual ideas, and propose and persuade several diverse stakeholders, including senior manufacturing leadership
- Review, approve, and communicate standardized practices and procedures for maintenance and engineering activities
- Establish and communicate department goals
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on applicable machinery, equipment and facility for cross functional projects
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff
- Responsible for employee development, discipline, performance appraisals, and administration of policies
- Review staff levels to ensure they are adequate and resources are effectively allocated to meet short- and long-term objectives
- Make recommendations regarding staffing decisions
Core Skills and Qualifications:
The ideal candidate must possess all of the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in engineering or related field and five (5) years of engineering, facilities and/or machinery maintenance experience
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience
- Demonstrated mastery in engineering discipline
- Demonstrated project management experience by having successfully managed and completed a large, complex engineering project
- Advanced knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various products
- Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models
- Advanced knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of products
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in planning, resource allocation, cost analysis and budgeting, people management, and leadership guidance
- Excellent verbal and written skills necessary in order to persuade and influence decision making of individuals, groups, or work teams, and to explain difficult situations
- Ability to communicate technical topics to non-technical audiences
- Ability to utilize and train employees of varying levels/skills on technology, processes and procedures
- Ability to be on-call 24/7
- Work is split between an office environment, production facility, and/or warehouse
- Exposure to extreme heat, loud noise, dirt, dust, odors, and fumes is probable
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in required areas
- Ability to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial engineering
- Experience managing multi-shift or continuous operations
- Paper converting, chemical or plastics processing, or packaging industrial experience
- Lean manufacturing experience
Overview: As the manufacturer of Dart® and Solo® brand products, Dart Container is an industry leading single-use food and beverage packaging company. With 15,000 employees and 40+ locations worldwide, Dart offers more than 4,000 products used every day in restaurants, hospitals, schools and homes around the globe.
Benefits: Dart Container full-time employees enjoy great benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with company matching contributions, paid vacation, paid holidays, short-term disability, tuition assistance, product discounts and more.
If you experience difficulty applying online, you may call (833) 472-3278 or email us at HRConnect@dart.biz for assistance.
Dart Container is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all candidates for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation to access this website or for the application process, you should call Dart at (800) 545-3278 Ext 3370 or email us at ADArequests@dart.biz. Relay calls can be made by dialing 711 or the relay number for your state.