Who We Are
Eide Bailly is one of the top 25 CPA and business advisory firms in the nation. We have over 40 offices in 15 states across the Midwest and western United States, and offer our staff and Partners the opportunity to serve a variety of industries. Founded in 1917, our culture is the foundation of who we are, and we pride ourselves on supporting our employees to help them achieve their goals and pursue their interests both in the office and at home. At Eide Bailly we are passionate about the clients we serve, the work we do, and most importantly, having fun while we do it!
Why You'll Love Working Here
At Eide Bailly we believe respect is how to treat everyone, not just those you want to impress. Our culture focuses on collaboration to achieve career growth. Innovation is highly encouraged, which is where programs like our EB Xchange originate. This program allows interested tax and audit employees to complete a rotation into a specialty area. We promote happy employees by making work/life balance a priority along with being actively involved in our communities. Our dedication to service can be seen through the Firm's decision to match charitable donations made by employees, as well as providing opportunities to volunteer throughout the year. We support living healthier lives with perks like a Wellness Benefit to be spent on fitness-related purchases each year. Most importantly, we like to have fun! We offer a professional and fun work environment with frequent free lunches, snacks, lunch and learns, socials, contests, outings and other events.
Typical Day in the Life
A typical day as a Tax Associate in Norman, OK might include the following:
- Prepare a high-level return for a multi-million dollar client.
- Work with the tax team to ensure the various components of the tax process are performed - including tax planning, client interaction and performing special tax projects.
- Gather relevant tax-related information from the client so an accurate tax return can be prepared.
- Look at tax situations from various angles to ensure the maximum tax benefit is applied.
- Prepare accounting-related reports through a paperless office environment.
- Attend professional development and training seminars on a regular basis.
Who You Are
- The word “tax“ is not foreign to you, and you can easily explain details of your tax experience and/or can explain the difference between a 1040 and an 1120.
- You live and breathe public accounting. It is your true life's passion, although certainly NOT your only interest!
- You enjoy keeping up-to-date on the ever-changing tax industry's regulations and policies.
- You have a knack for solving problems and easily notice issues while bringing solutions to the table.
- You have knowledge of and exposure to a variety of industries. If you have experience working with financial institutions and ProSystem Tax, that's a plus!
- In addition to all of this, you hold an active CPA license (or are actively pursuing one) and have at least 1-3 years of experience in public accounting tax work.
Must be authorized to work in the United States permanently without the requirement of sponsorship at any point in the future.
What to Expect Next
We'll be in touch! If you look like the right fit for our position, one of our recruiters will be reaching out to schedule a phone interview with you to learn more about your career interests and goals. In the meantime, we encourage you to check us out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn or our About Us page.