If you want to make a positive impact in the lives of Oklahomans, join us at the Center for Public Management (CPM) because that is what we do daily. CPM is a department within the College of Continuing Education at the University of Oklahoma. We provide public sector agencies, staff, service providers, clients and community partners training, research and consultant support for professional and programmatic development. We deliver cost-effective, customer-oriented solutions that are tailored to meet unique needs and situations.
CPM has a job opportunity for a Program Specialist II/Learning Consultant with experience working with clients to ensure deliverables fall within scope and budget. We are looking for someone that understands adult learning and has demonstrated results with launching learning experiences at an organizational level. We are looking for someone creative, adaptable, collaborative and has strategic vision in managing deliverables. The ideal candidate will be responsible for helping our publicly-funded clients and programs plan and execute projects with clear goals to achieve their desired results.
Job duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, initiate, and evaluate training courses and programs that utilize various learning mediums
- Perform needs assessments and assist in developing project scope, goals, objectives, direction, and timelines
- Lead quality assurance, monitor and report on project and program progress. Present solutions to problems as they arise
- Partner with program leadership to develop and allocate budget and resources as needed
- May supervise support staff and external resource personnel on specific projects
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The Learning Consultant must be able to build trust, drive execution, focus on the customer, collaborate effectively with others, solve problems creatively, demonstrate high integrity and proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships.
Required Education: Bachelor Degree OR an equivalent combination of education/job related experience, AND:
- 36 months experience in curriculum development, training facilitation, training operations, learning program management OR project management
- Understanding of adult learning principles
- Experience in learning consultation including ability to conduct a needs analysis, gap analysis, and to identify the best learning intervention.
- Experience in project management and budget development
- Excellent oral, written, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Ability to speak, read and write clear, concise English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Detail oriented for accuracy of data and information
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work under stressful situations
- Demonstrated ability to apply organizational and human resource development principles
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- Ability to engage in repetitive motions including movement of the wrist, hands and fingers.
- Finger dexterity required.
- Ability to communicate including expressing oneself and exchanging detailed information with others orally.
- Ability to lift moderate objects up to 50 pounds.
- Master's degree
- Experience working within a Learning Management System (LMS)
- Experience with all types of learning delivery modalities to include classroom, online courses, webinars, videos, etc.Professional experience working with state government agencies
- Ability to work effectively with individuals at senior executive level
- Familiarity with industry standard video production processes or video production management experience
- Experience with establishing, implementing and improving quality assurance processes relating to technical deliverables
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards, requirements and practices especially those relating to web-based videos
- No Supervisory Duties
If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy.