We are searching for a Shipfitter at ourNorfolk, VAlocation.
A current DoD Secret Clearance is required at time of hire.
You will demonstrate success by:
- Performing layout operations, fabricating complex fixtures and fittings, performing cutting operations using various setups and aligning parts in relation to fixed objects.
- Marking location of holes, inserts, weldments, and fixtures to be installed or removed, fit-up and make ready for welding, including chipping, beveling, hand-grinding and cleaning of surfaces to be welded.
- Performing post-weld clean-up of ship's structural repair areas and remove and reinstall tank access covers in support of other work.
- Interpreting blue prints, drawings and technical specifications.
- Assisting in mechanical evolutions as needed.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED Required.
- Must have a minimum of four (4) years of Shipfitter experience.
- Must be able to identify material requirements and specifications.
- Must possess training in Blueprint Reading, Layout Procedures, Drilling and Tapping and Removal and Installation of Shipboard Foundations.
- Additional training may be provided.
- Must be able to work 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts at NNSY if required.
- A current DoD Secret Clearance is required at time of hire.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen