Do you have a sincere passion for working with seniors and a love of keeping them healthy? Our Registered Medication Associates (RMA) do too! Our direct care team cares for our residents in a number of ways including personal needs, grooming and hygiene, housekeeping, laundering, social interactions, and meals. The main objective of this position ensures that residents receive comprehensive care and services by assisting them in the administration of medications. Team members must possess a big heart and a need to serve while you monitor the residents' comfort and respond to their physical and emotional needs.
This position is one of the steps in becoming a nurse and this position can grow into leadership opportunities at our communities. Team members can pursue a nursing education and Commonwealth Senior Living will assist with paying for education and providing training! Career growth into Assistant Resident Care Director or Resident Care Director is possible. Our company even boasts several Executive Directors who began their careers in this role! Commonwealth Senior Living is a recognized leader in senior living, employing nearly 1,500 associates, and is a recent recipient of the Great Place to Work certification!
- Caring about people. Previous work with seniors would be fantastic!
- Drive for doing the right thing and seeing things through to the end
- Passionate about a job well done, having fun, and celebrating success
- Confident to speak up
- Great listener
- Takes ownership and adds value – seeks to improve something every single day!
- Consistently exhibits respect in all interactions
- Ability and desire to provide exceptional customer service
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Possessing your Virginia State CMA/RMA (Certified/Registered Medication Aide) certification would be ideal