**Seeking Java Developer**
Must be able to work under W2.
This is a great opportunity to work for a Fortune 50 Company within the healthcare verticle.
you will be supporting the Mobile Team, great opportunity to work on the latest technologies.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with peers, reviewing complex change and enhancement requests.
- Evaluating potential changes and enhancements for objectives, scope and impact.
- Taking a proactive approach to development work, leading peers and partners to strategic technical solutions in a complex IT environment.
- Documenting functional/technical requirements and design based on requirements or objectives.
- Developing and maintaining complex components of information systems.
- Mentoring peers on coding standards, patterns and strategy.
- Guiding the team on best practices in Java as well as performing code reviews.
- Creating and performing unit tests, as well as resolving and retesting any defects identified.
- Building and maintaining active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
- Partnering with other IT teams during integration activities to facilitate successful implementations
- Participating in on-call application support and responding to application issues when identified.
- Communicating effectively with technical peers in a clear manner, while also being able to articulate complex solutions in ways non-technical business partners can understand.
Requires the following skills and experience:
- BA/BS degree or technical institute training
Strong effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- 5+ years of Java experience
- Experience with either Maven or Gradle
- Troubleshooting experience
- Experience consuming/producing REST and SOAP services
- Experience using relational databases (Oracle, DB2, SQLServer, etc.) with a solid understanding of SQL
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
The most successful candidates will also have experience in the following:
- Git + Gitflow
- Experience developing web services with JAX-RS
- Experience developing and consuming web services with JAX-WS
- Understanding of security concerns and mitigation strategies when developing public facing web services
- Experience using WebSphere Application Server
- Atlassian products - BitBucket, JIRA, Confluence and Bamboo
- Unix experience
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.