Join Livingston's Global Trade Management team and help large companies manage their supply chains on a global scale. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 100 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Our Global Trade Management experts help companies lower their costs, get to market faster, and free up resources as they do business internationally. You can be a part of our global operations and grow your career by becoming an expert in the ever-changing world of international trade.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of information received from clients/consultants.
- Required to perform complex data analysis for goods in all industries.
- Responsible for validating country specific import/export documentation.
- Utilize strong classification (HTS, ECCN, Schedule B) experience on projects.
- Conduct analysis on client tariff database and make recommendations to Project Manager.
- Prioritizes and completes work according to project demands, customs requirements, and Livingston standards.
- May be responsible for the management of small projects or portions thereof, i.e. Classification, Valuation, etc. and act as the lead in the absence of a project manager.
- Participates fully with other team members in the day-to-day operation of the team, including setting priorities, organizing and schedule work, coordinating with others, problem solving and decision making, participating in meetings and handling projects.
- High School Diploma.
- 3 years working knowledge and experience of Import/Export compliance regulations and their application.
- Excellent knowledge of the Harmonized System of Classification, ECCN, Schedule B, Free Trade Agreements, and Customs Regulations.
- Experience within the customs brokerage industry.
- Strong analytical and attention to detail skills with a high level of accuracy.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Strong PC skills including Microsoft Excel and Access.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment, handle large volumes of work, and meet tight deadlines.
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.