Life Enrichment Coordinator
Arrow Senior Living Management wants every person who chooses to join our team to understand that they play a very important part in a much larger story of residents’ lives. It is our hope that Arrow team members create joy-filled memories with this respected generation. And because there is no greater gift that someone can give than their time, we thank you for your generosity.
- To be an Advocate for Empathy. Be responsible for understanding the importance of empathy. It will be your job to create human connection with residents during their most vulnerable moments.
- To be a Patient Observer. Discover residents’ interests, abilities, and what makes each resident who they are. Collaborate to create appropriate engagement plans and implement strategies with patience to ensure success.
- To be a Master of the Mise en Scène. The French expression used to describe the art of creating a story through the physical environment, ‘mise en scène’ means being responsible for setting the stage for a successful day. From preparing your dining room for breakfast to setting up the library for an event, to preparing the resident’s room for their nighttime routine, you are the guide through the resident’s experience.
- To be a Life Partner. Partnering with residents to achieve all facets of daily life, including personal care, from the moment they wake to the moment they go to sleep.
- Creates an environment that ensures those with Alzheimer’s and dementia live to their fullest potential.
- Evaluates residents’ interests and involvement in Life Skills.
- Partners with residents in activities of daily living, including care, grooming, bathing, and any direct care needed.
- Develops Life Skills tailored to each resident’s unique needs and abilities.
- Ensures residents are engaged in Life Skills throughout the day and the evening.
- Reviews residents’ profiles and ISPs (Individual Service Plans) and spends time talking with residents and family members to determine the best Life Skill or life enriching activity for each resident.
- Utilizes and contributes to the resident engagement plan.
- Ensures that Arrow programming is being followed, including daily events, hand hygiene, snacks, and hydration.
- Using the resident social profile information, organizes small groups or clubs that address those similar needs and preferences in a small group or club setting.
- Strives to utilize person centered non-pharmacological interventions in behavior management and support.
- Ensures that life skills are included on the ISP.
- Assists residents to and from the Life Skills stations and other normalizing life enriching activities and routines.
- Participates in company-wide initiatives.
- Maintains and expands Life Skills stations and other life enriching programs and replenishes supplies as needed.
- Maintains an inventory of Life Skills Programming supplies.
- Reviews, notates and initializes the daily log to learn any pertinent information regarding a resident.
- Maintains all information in ISP, makes written updates to ISP as needed to provide exceptional care to residents.
- Maintains excellent documentation of resident care and changes in condition.
- Assists with orientation of team members assigned to memory care neighborhood.
- Partners with community team to ensure that the memory care neighborhood is in compliance with OSHA requirements and promotion of Risk Management programs and policies; adherence to safety rules and regulations.
- Reports all accidents and incidents immediately.
- Ensures that the Memory Care neighborhood/programming is exceptional. Ensures that team members are giving only exceptional care and treating our residents with dignity.
- Welcomes families and other visitors and ensures that families receive exceptional service at all times, which is reflected in wording, tone, body language, and in any written correspondence.
- Attends all required training sessions and meetings.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.
© Arrow Senior Living Management, LLC1rev. 7/7/2020
Job Description Acknowledgement
I, , (print name), have read and understand and possess the qualifications and experience to satisfactorily perform the responsibilities of the position. I understand that this does not constitute a contract of employment and that either the company or I may terminate my employment at will, with or without cause.
© Arrow Senior Living Management, LLCrev. 5/1/2019