We are Hiring experience veterinary technicians!
The perfect RVT candidate for NVC would be a fun and reliable individual with a strong work ethic. Veterinary technicians at NVC must build positive, professional relationships with both clients and staff members. Previous experience in the veterinary field is required. Some of the position requirements include but are not limited to:
- Providing compassionate animal care
- Conducting examinations and diagnostic procedures.
- Assisting during operations.
- Feeding and caring for animals.
- Maintaining supplies and equipment.
- record keeping
- Obtaining patient histories
- Completing laboratory tests, studies, and diagnostic imaging.
- Taking vital signs and collecting samples.
- Administering medications, drugs, and vaccines.
- Wound care
- Assisting Doctors
- Communicating with owners about pets
- Preparing surgery suit
- Placing catheters
- Cleaning animal cages and equipment
- Maintaining safe, secure, healthy, and humane environments by sterilizing and wrapping instruments, sanitizing operating areas, verifying shelf life of medications, and complying with legal regulations.
Registered veterinary technician qualifications and skills:
- Love and compassion for animals
- RVT license for the state of Ohio (or willing to obtain)
- understanding of animal behavior
- Documentation skills
- Clinical skills
- Use of medical terminology
- Attention to detail
- Verbal communication
- Technical skills ( catheter placement, drawing blood, restraint, etc)