Requisition ID: 235937
Work Area: Sales
Expected Travel: 0 - 40%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
The Industry Advisor is a critical role supporting our North America Professional Services Industry's business to grow sales pipeline and engage with our customers to secure revenue. The focus industries within this sector are Professional Services and Engineering, Construction & Operations. The Industry Executive Advisor provides industry perspective, strategic solution advice, and thought leadership to drive pipeline growth and quality through demand generation strategies, support sales cycles and customer co-innovation programs, and contribute to building SAP's leadership position in the industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Area 1 – Industry Scale & Enablement:
- Develop and execute a quality and actionable Industry plan for the North American market
- Bi-Annual industry business plan review & Global Industry Business Unit interlock
- Enable/industrialize Sales, Marketing, Inside Marketing & Sales, and other VAT team members – both within SAP and externally with industry influencers and partners
Area 2 – Drive Awareness & Generate Demand:
- Development of SAP's brand in the industry through thought leadership, content creation, appearances in industry events, articles and social & traditional media interviews, etc.
- Create and nurture industry customers and communities such as ASUG
- Get doors open. Build new connections and qualified pipeline opportunities
- Execute with Marketing on events, social and digital plans
- Provide Industry advisory for account planning
Area 3 – Business Development:
- Accelerate pipeline opportunity conversion to qualified customer engagements (F to D Conversion)
- Develop industry specific account strategies
D-eliver industry specific customer experiences
- Conduct executive first meetings
Area 4 – Customer Engagement:
- Differentiate SAP to increase win-rates and grow deal size
- Lead customer executive conversations
- Help shape the engagement by advising the account teams to ensure a right industry message is delivered in deal engagement and execution deliverables like RFP Responses, Business Cases, Product Demos, industry solution architecture, etc.
- Support success stories and direct customer reference connections
Area 5 - Insights & Practice Development:
- Write thought leadership pieces to illustrate important industry / cross-industry topics
- Develop content for conveying the SAP strategy and industry solutions (including new innovations) while working closely with other global industry teams
- Develop and curate industry content
- Build and nurture customer references
- Support post sale advisory and Executive Steering Committee meetings for top accounts in plan
- Support Industry Customer Advisory Councils and Networking
- 10+ years of relevant Professional Services industry experience preferred either as a practitioner or an operational consultant to the industry.
- 5+ years of relevant experience in the Engineering, Construction & Operations industries would be beneficial
- 3+ years of SAP solution / product experience
- Built / grew a business
- Business Development, Management Consulting experience
- Viewed as industry expert and knowledgeable on how technology addresses industry challenges and opportunities.
- Proficient speaker in customer 1:1 and 1: Many event situations. Must exhibit an executive presence
- Experience building and retaining strong customer relationships
- Experience in diverse technology landscape and process/technology integration issues
Qualifications, Education and Preferred Skills:
Industry reputation / brand with deep industry network of relationships
Building storylines and high-quality presentations in PowerPoint with a very keen eye for detail
Excellent and energetic public speaking skills
Proven CXO engagement skills
Product marketing acumen (segment, target, content, lead strategy, etc.)
Solution selling acumen – ability to differentiate in complex sale
Can do attitude
Participation in relevant industry associations is a strong positive
Passion for how technology can be used to enable industry strategic initiatives.
SAP technology knowledge is a bonus (consulting / presales / product management is a plus)
- Business development profile with ~ 30% travel
- This is an elite team with high visibility and exposure to SAP and Customer leadership
- Flexible work environment
- Culture of trust and teamwork
- Learning never stops
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own.
A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team. (Americas:Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com, APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com, EMEA: Careers@sap.com). Requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.