External Job Description
This position leads and manages various functions and disciplines in the technology services department of the Information Technology Division. A candidate for this position must possess sound leadership, managerial and administrative skills. Technical knowledge and direct experience related to computer information systems is also required. The candidate must have comprehensive knowledge of design, administration, and change management processes relating to IT systems, an understanding of the NNS applications, networks, resources and tools necessary to develop and maintain IT systems for successful delivery of NNS products. Excellent human relations and communication skills are also essential as this position will interact with various customers on a frequent basis. Demonstrated ability to manage and direct the work of others is required.
Driving future change and automation will be critical to the success in this position..
Duties and Responsibilities
- People - Maintain succession plans to avoid loss of critical skills through persistent recruitment and succession planning.
- Technical Oversight - Accountable to ensure cost and schedule, produced by the team are within the project's plan and deliverables are of high quality. Work with team members to identify issues early and provide mitigations to ensure projects stay on track. Act as an advisor to Managers, Directors and Vice President regarding project complexities and risks and the mitigation of issues. Ensure team members are informed and leveraging documented standards, strategies, principles, policies, procedures. Get involved in projects as a technical resource as required and may participate part time as a project resource or lead key transformational initiatives as required.
- Communications – Serve as the primary interface between the applications technical staff and other departments within IT. Provide professional and technical status and communication to customers and all levels of management as needed.
- Responsible for overseeing the quality control process of team tasks and for communication with customers and the Service Delivery Manager. Accomplishes staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, and counseling employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Ability to drive overall architecture, security, testing and certifications of infrastructure systems, including Windows, Linux, virtualization and Hyper-Converged systems.
- Leadership – Manage an team in providing non-recurring and recurring service delivery to NNS while ensuring customer satisfaction. Direct the scheduling and balancing of tasks while recognizing and utilizing the talent available on the team. Ensure integrated and effective service delivery from subcontracted suppliers and internal resources providing application administration services. Act as project manager for a task when there is not a Project Manager assigned. Provide coaching to your team that focuses on development as well as getting the job done.
- Innovation – Foster and empower innovation and lead the team to learn from both failures and achievements. Encourage innovative ideas and approached and help people to implement them. Monitor technology trends and emerging standards for new technology opportunities, and integrating new technologies into the data center environment.
- This benchmark is intended to be used by companies that have technical generic classifications engaged in information systems design, development, and analysis encompassing one or more of the following areas of technical expertise: programming, PC application analysis, software development, systems integration, and related disciplines.
Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline or the equivalent in education, training and experience, plus a minimum of 6 years of applicable, progressive professional and/or supervisory work experience. Master's degree and 4 years relevant experience.
- It is preferred the candidate have and possess a diverse knowledge and experience leading and working within a variety of IT functions/disciplines to include; Application Administration, Network communications, Systems Engineering, Architecture, and Service Management.
- Knowledgeable in general architecture, security, and testing of Windows and Linux servers, operating systems,
- Excellent interpersonal, written and team collaboration skills
- Relationship building skills - Maintain relationships with vendors, customers and peers for all provided services
- Willingness to support mission critical systems
- Strong leadership skills
- Understand service level frameworks and practices such as ITIL, be familiar with Agile SDLC methodologies, and have an entrepreneurial mindset.